mm34505

Ripple and Amazon

5 minutes ago, andrejones said:

1- Monica's suspicious wink to Brad when he was talking about Amazon (and no, that was not natural)

Who is Monica. Is there a video of this. Please Link me if you can.

3 hours ago, XRP-JAG said:

Surly Amazon has to be involved in some way.

If Amazon isn't a customer, then why would Ripple want to publically mock their inefficiencies.

If Amazon isn't a customer, but somebody else is fixing their issues, Ripple not going to want to bring attention to that to.

This only leaves Ripple and Amazon in some kind of partnership, understanding or deal.

https://bithomp.com/nodes

So many Amazon nodes are there...

9 minutes ago, noucktourno said:

In this post we are speculating that Amazon is as a Ripple client and I also can speculate that Amazon host heir own Ripple node on Amazon Cloud.

Honestly that would make sense considering the size and reach of Amazon. Also being able to piggyback on those resources already established.

Edited by RikkiTikki

1 hour ago, PG1 said:

Those are just nodes running on Amazon Cloud

Ive seen on the ripple charts of verified validator nodes that amazon was a holder with my own eyes..... later it was removed and at the time i didnt think to screenshot it...

im not the only one who saw it either...

Edited by Guest

Literally every company/startup uses Amazon as or uber as examples in presentations, because they’re recognizable brands with good reputation.

As for the nodes, they’re all going through AWS(Amazon web services). Literally ANYONE can use AWS. To suggest that Amazon is partnered with Ripple because some nodes is running through their AWS, is the same as saying I’m sponsored by Nike because I bought some sneaks.

16 minutes ago, fregatta said:

Literally every company/startup uses Amazon as or uber as examples in presentations, because they’re recognizable brands with good reputation.

As for the nodes, they’re all going through AWS(Amazon web services). Literally ANYONE can use AWS. To suggest that Amazon is partnered with Ripple because some nodes is running through their AWS, is the same as saying I’m sponsored by Nike because I bought some sneaks.

Lmao you’re that “Truth Bombs” a-hole who got banned from The Real Zerpbox Discord recently.

Had to come here and continue your streak eh? Welcome to my ignore list boyo.

Oh, and here’s a tip - don’t openly insult anyone’s mother or significant other here and you won’t be banned like you were on Discord dweeb.

26 minutes ago, fregatta said:

To suggest that Amazon is partnered with Ripple because some nodes is running through their AWS, is the same as saying I’m sponsored by Nike because I bought some sneaks.

I'm not suggesting that Amazon IS partnered with Ripple BECAUSE some nodes are running through their AWS , what I'm suggesting is THEY MIGHT RUN NODES because AMAZON IS PARTNERED WITH RIPPLE. :) It's a different thing. 

26 minutes ago, fregatta said:

I’m sponsored by Nike because I bought some sneaks.

You bought some sneakers and thus you're sponsoring Nike because you've paid for them and also you're marketing them when people on the streets see how nice are their sneakers.

Edited by noucktourno

9 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

So that pipeline... I still think we'll see Google and CME show up. #0doubt

With what else we know is going on in the background, Amazon isn't really a surprise. All we need now is an official announcement.

I am more curious and excited about xPring to be perfectly honest.  It will be interesting to see the many start-ups that Ripple is planning to serve as an incubator providing both financial and technical support to help foster and cultivate them into successful businesses on the XRP-Ledger. While XRP and the XRP-Ledger are both open-source pieces of technology that can be utilized by anyone, it is good to see that Ripple, via xPring, will be serving as a filter of sorts on-boarding those projects that have a defined use-case and not some random ICO with 'ZERO' utility and purpose as we have seen run-a-muck of Ethereum's network. To me, it's not about the quantity of ICOs/projects/startups that reside on a particular blockchain's network, but the quality and utility of such said ICOs/projects/startups. Early on, if there was one area where I would have given Ripple low marks, it would have been a lack of engagement/collaboration with more community developers and entrepreneurs in the space similar to Bitcoin and Ethereum. It is no secret that Ripple prefers to do a lot of in-house development, which is good, but I think having a community network of developers would add more depth and variety to the XRP-Ledger. Joel Katz alluded to this as one of the issues he was focusing on for 2018 during a “Ask Me Anything” Q/A session (from 08:25 - 09:50), which is why I was so excited when Ripple announced their XPring community development initiative.

45 minutes ago, fregatta said:

And that relates to Asheesh's wording, how....?