mm34505

Question on the usage

Posted (edited)

How can you have bi-directional messaging if the sending and the receiving bank arent both on Ripplenet or in this case specifically Xrapid?

Edited by Gepster

1 hour ago, xrphilosophy said:

Strange thing- I took an Uber last Thursday.  I actually asked the driver how long it took for him to get paid. He told me the story of how long it used to be- saying he used to wait for two weeks before being paid, and what a hassle that was.  I asked how long it takes today.  He says since 6 months they pay him right away (and he glanced down on this phone).  I said right away?  He said yeah right after the ride I get paid.  It was a very short ride, and I asked no more questions.  I was sort of stunned, and didn't quite get it. Maybe I should take another Uber soon to find out more.

What country are you in?

1 hour ago, xrphilosophy said:

Strange thing- I took an Uber last Thursday.  I actually asked the driver how long it took for him to get paid. He told me the story of how long it used to be- saying he used to wait for two weeks before being paid, and what a hassle that was.  I asked how long it takes today.  He says since 6 months they pay him right away (and he glanced down on this phone).  I said right away?  He said yeah right after the ride I get paid.  It was a very short ride, and I asked no more questions.  I was sort of stunned, and didn't quite get it. Maybe I should take another Uber soon to find out more.

maybe that's why Uber shows up in Ripple presentations once in a while

1 hour ago, orcablue said:

maybe that's why Uber shows up in Ripple presentations once in a while

Maybe.  I wasn't really sure if this was some other type of payment system or what?  Just confused as I left the car, and surprised.  These new partnerships like Zelle- I don't know much about- but is that it?  Or maybe the Citibank domestic "instant payment" initiative- not sure how that works either, but an enterprise solution I think- bottom line NO IDEA.

Would be interested to find out.

Well, technically, it could be possible to use an xRapid-enabled bank as a hop towards non-xRapid bank. The caveat  - they need to use xCurrent, or the last hop will be exposed to the speed and errors of whichever local RTGS those banks work in.  

Yeah, my story doesn't make much sense- just checked the Uber site, and even they say they pay weekly now.  Maybe the driver misunderstood my question.  If I find out something more will post.

ok...my understanding of xRapid would be

Bank Send USD -> US local exchange -buy/sellxrp> Mexico local exchange -> Bank Receive Peso

I figured the transaction would invovle some sort of exchange where xrp is bought n sold. i may have totally misunderstood, btw

43 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

Midwest, USA!!  I know right?

Payment rails are starting to change in the domestic United States. We know Ripple isn’t involved but clearly the expectation is for faster payments and that is coming to the US with various different technologies 

8 hours ago, Hodlezerper said:

Payment rails are starting to change in the domestic United States. We know Ripple isn’t involved but clearly the expectation is for faster payments and that is coming to the US with various different technologies 

Right! @Hodlezerper - As all payments/settlements are being pressured/expected to be instant, that's when the big corporations begin looking for fast, ready enterprises to support that mission... Ripple/XRP to the rescue, and now maybe Coil, as well...