Winteriscomming

Chinese IT Ministry Cryptocurrency Ratings Released

54 minutes ago, Tripple said:

This is also totally fine considering XRP is a digital asset rather than a cryptocurrency

Exactly my thoughts when I learned XRP was omitted. Ripple are always playing the "Digital Asset" card. This could mean a more favourable regulatory environment in China.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Tripple said:

This is also totally fine considering XRP is a digital asset rather than a cryptocurrency

Duplicate post! Apologies.

Edited by XRPablo

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Tripple said:

Ditto

Edited by XRPablo

I'm actually surprise they didn't mention TRON at all being that it is the most talked about coin in China supposedly. I would have thought it'd be first or at least third but no mention at all. Ripple's absence isn't a shock to me at all as They've only recently gotten into the Chinese market after the ban so they haven't gotten a foothold there quite yet. That and Tron is all over China like white on rice.

9 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@Lamberth  I'm aware of NEO and it's history.  I've actually owned it since ANT.  So same question.

The original promotion was “Ethereum of China”. For me having your competitor’s name in a national context is an indication that it will eventually become a political battle. One might argue NEO has found its identity after the re-branding. One might argue the product is almost as mature as eth and a lot of smart people are working there.

Having all that said, I am not surprised to see NEO very high in the official rating of Chinese govt. This is not about the tech anymore.

We will have to wait to see what score they give Ripple even if he appears in position 17. Is that list important? I think so because if there is one country that will mark the world economic policy that is China.

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 4:17 PM, Esprxp said:

We will have to wait to see what score they give Ripple even if he appears in position 17. Is that list important? I think so because if there is one country that will mark the world economic policy that is China.

To cheer up everybody, it seems XRP has gone up. Last time ranked 17, now it is 9.

@Winteriscomming maybe change the thread title, XRP was not missing at the time

http://znzd.cena.com.cn/2018-06/21/content_390365.htm

Screenshot_20180624-190336.png

Edited by Amigo