XRPgoat

Coil ( Micropayments) and Who They Follow on Twitter

Okay, so Coil just recently got there Twitter page up and running. Coil is about micropayments which according to the statement will first produce a flat-rate subscription for consumers which will allow them to support creators, breeze past paywalls, see less ads, and unlock additional features and content. With that said, Coil is following only 38 on Twitter, some of which are of course the Ripple team. The others they are following interestingly enough are Netflix, Spotify, Hype Machine, Vimeo, Soundcloud, and Omni of course. You guys no where this going right?

Guest Ripplista79

my pulse rate just went up significantly

I don't know.  Spotify, Hype Machine, Soundcloud?  We're talking about coders who listen to headphones & music all day long. I'm not sure we can read much into this.

4 minutes ago, PG1 said:

I don't know.  Spotify, Hype Machine, Soundcloud?  We're talking about coders who listen to headphones & music all day long. I'm not sure we can read much into this.

Stefan Thomas stated somewhere recently about subscription services. He stated how instead of paying a monthly premium to these services, you pay for what you use as you use it through micropayments...I will have to dig to find this...give me a bit

Wouldn't this be a great solution to Facebook's advertising controversy? Give people the option to pay not to be hypnotized... it could fly!

6 minutes ago, XRPgoat said:

Stefan Thomas stated somewhere recently about subscription services. He stated how instead of paying a monthly premium to these services, you pay for what you use as you use it through micropayments...I will have to dig to find this...give me a bit

Stefan and David mentioned micropayments and IoV here (28:20 mark):

Edited by zerpBeliever
added time marker

1 minute ago, XRPgoat said:

I recall that & that is the vision.  But it requires an entire application layer to be built on top of ILP.  I just think it may be way early to speculate on any links to those companies.  I'd love to be wrong.

4 minutes ago, PG1 said:

I recall that & that is the vision.  But it requires an entire application layer to be built on top of ILP.  I just think it may be way early to speculate on any links to those companies.  I'd love to be wrong.

I am not speculating on links to these companies...I am only stating that these are the companies that Coil is following themselves on Twitter right now. 

Guest Ripplista79
8 minutes ago, PG1 said:

you will be wrong

3 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Better still, the company can pay me to watch their ad. I'll accept 0.005 XRP per click.

Exactly, get rid of the middle man...I pay for Netflix monthly, but I rarely use it. I should cancel it, and some people want subscribe because of limited time. So, what if I am only charged for the time that I use it for , and that goes for any subscription service. 

Netflix is really interesting, they would benefit enormously in bringing down transaction costs/time and pretty much every smartphone, pad and TV sold today has Netflix either already installed or installed within weeks of purchase. The business of the future involving streaming of steaming hot producions right from the cutting room floors around the world is gigantic, and producers being able to set the price themselves through ILP is something that Netflix is probably thinking about.

Youtube is a mess of ads and social justice warriors, Netlix could grab a big part of their market through crypto.

Edited by mandelbaum