Greeny

$5 not happening this year

29 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

If the 10 best days are factored out, returns on BTC average -25% per year. 

You can't look at it that way though because any asset that is prone to sudden spikes is also more than likely prone to sudden drops;  both are equal parts of asset's inherent price behavior.  What does BTC ROI look like with 10 worst days factored out?  Exactly. 

Both comparisons are equally as meaningless, except to point out the fact that gains can only be realized by staying in the market.

1 minute ago, PatchLatics said:

It will be beyond $5.00. The bull run will kick in very very soon.

Please share why you think this, or is it an attempt to keep to hype train going. 

51 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

You've been here longer than I have so surprised to see you say this?  You saw what happend in two weeks last year right?  Just five months ago (which seems like five years ago).  There was nothing slow and steady, incremental, up to the right about it.  Sudden shock.  And more will be available.  Regulation won't stop that.  It may exacerbate it possibly with the size of the fish in the pond later in the year.  But to your point nobody knows.  We'll see!!

Let's put it this way I hope there is never another "consensus" week again.  So much hype, so much bluster, and so much good news, and we're tubing.  Can't wait for this week to be a distant memory, and get back to the mild mannered, weekly, boring, grinding this out thing.

I have been here for a long time, and witnessed a large spike at the end of 2014 with great expectations, then it sat idol for 2 years, before the 2017 boom.  Which is why I think that may happen again.

3 minutes ago, Leprecoin said:

And subsuquently declined by 85%. People here dont want pumps and dumps. 

Those people are either investing in the wrong asset class or have completely unrealistic expectations.  There can be no pumps without dumps;  both are different sides of the exact same coin.   Explosive gains are caused by explosive volatility, and volatility works both ways.  Want consistency?  Invest in a stock market basket ETF, rebalance against bonds and gold, and enjoy consistent annual returns of 5-8%.

9 minutes ago, ElvisLives said:

Again... who cares. Stop trying to find the EOY price or the price in 2 weeks. The reality... it will either get to a number beyond your imagination or you'll be bagging groceries at Walmart. Worry more about how you will adjust to the wealth. I've watched dozens of these threads for many years hashing out this same argument. It's like sword fighting with cotton candy in a sand trap.

Very wise observation - and yet it persists.  Countless hours trying to nail down this Jello blob.

6 minutes ago, Greeny said:

I have been here for a long time, and witnessed a large spike at the end of 2014 with great expectations, then it sat idol for 2 years, before the 2017 boom.  Which is why I think that may happen again.

Has anything changed fundamentally with the XRP marketplace since 2014? Do you believe we will go sideways from here while xRapid is very close to being rolled out and SBI is drooling to launch their exchange?

We just need 15 days to see a 1000% raise.. institutional money will kick the price soon and institutional are not going to sell in short term.. market will start to start to mature.. also I guess the volatility will drop once institutional money flows in.. we are going to have one good jump and then its going to be like 100% or 200% price raise every year..

Edited by xrp_moonjet

1 hour ago, taebuoytogI said:
49 minutes ago, YourAverageJoseph said:

The fact that US Credit Card providers have banned crypto purchases killed some of the market as well. People liked the instant purchase. They don't want to take a few days to fund a crypto account and have their money sit there. Especially, the more emotional buyers. It was a complete impulse buy this time last year for many. 

I know I didn't keep money on an exchange, but when Bitstamp opened up credit card purchases I was buying every XRP dip I could. Now I'm more pragmatic about it. 

Yes, you can buy instant with a debit card, but I think some people were enjoying buying on credit and then paying it off at the end of the month instead of the money being taken from your account immediately. 

We are the early investors. That we are even able to purchase it is what makes XRP so amazing. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new, but the real money for most IPOs is made by private investment groups which require a substantial net worth to be included, so the average person never has a chance. Instead, the average person has to purchase the stock at IPO when prices are inflated substantially from the idea/incubation stage. I know XRP is not a stock or "Security", but you get the picture. Nobody lets the little people in early!

Though this is a frustrating period to wait out in regards to price, I think it just gets easier to purchase XRP as time goes on. There's more exposure, so if people have done their research they are more comfortable investing in cryptos in general, and they'll do what is required if they want to participate. Most will not, however, and that's what makes us the early investor. Oh well; I'm still bullish. I think in the next leg up retail investors will be the ones jumping on the band wagon after larger institutional investors take it up first and make it a so-called "legitimate" investment. The "beginning" hasn't even begun. 

PS: My credit card still works. I added 10% to my total stack yesterday. Patience, and good luck to all. 

Edited by VanGogh

The only question I have for the folks who are always on the "Oh it won't make it here at this time!!! mindset."  Why are you here????    You obviously have no faith in the product so please explain why are you here??? There are other coins and opportunities out there why not trade all your xrp into those opportunities???  I'm not going to question myself after a 5 minute skirmish because as the strategic outlook on the war stands were in a good spot for victory. I typically bypass commenting on these types of threads in the group but I had to ask "If your not here because you believe then why waste your time???"

Alright... other than the Prof... everyone seems to be a fortune teller. I really hope that when XRP is $50 that this blog turns into a support group for the aftereffects and everyone here realizes it was never about how high XRP would go... it was about the fact that in no case of modern time have so few made so much in such a lightning fast amount of time. Many of whom then drowned in the deep end.

17 minutes ago, Greeny said:

Interesting.  Okay, it *could* I agree theorectically.  But don't you think the digital asset market has evolved significantly since those sleepy quiet days of 2014? To me that seems to almost be comparing apples and oranges... I have no beef with your take on it at all, but am struggling to compare the sluggishness of 4 years ago to today...

1 hour ago, Greeny said:

I see article after article saying that 2018 will be another 2017 for cryptos, XRP to hit 5-10 dollars, BTC to hit 50k, ETH to hit 15k.  All by end of year.  As we near the halfway point, we should be much higher for those numbers to have any chance of coming true.  Do not get me wrong, I believe in the future of crypto, just not in 2018.  Thoughts.

Wrong, dont assume because were almost half way through the year that we should be at the half of the EOY price. Several cryto last year went up hundreds a single day and even bitcoin $1000. There is not logic to this.