Greeny

$5 not happening this year

5 minutes ago, mm34505 said:

I really think we just need SBI to go live as this will help the whole market break away from BTC dominance 

The question is will they be dealyed again?

There's a high chance it will be delayed, as they've done before. Particularly when they've been so vague about when they expect to go live. "Summer" is an extremely vage time frame, especially when you announce it 1 month befor summer starts. 

The money that has supported the market until now has been 100% (or close to that ) investing (or speculation) related.  We haven't even touched base in to the utility that each coin or XRP brings, in other words the demand for the coin as an efficiency tool.

XRP hasn't been used at all (except for Cuallix and other small players).  When real usage begins such as with Moneygram, Western Union and SBI we can expect an increase in volume in exchanges as well as OTC sales of XRP.

In general institutional money will be coming in over the next 6 months and this institutional money will be screening for actual use case scenarios, legitimate roadmaps and some sort of business acumen.  This favors coins such as XRP and others that solve real-world issues.

Edited by taebuoytogI

Since few weeks I'm starting to feeling same way as Greeny. I just would like to add that we probably should differ here between two effects on XRP price development. I think it can go through the roof like rocket by pure market speculation as we are bonded to BTC and other cryptos and fiats or Ripple company success causing industrial many going though XRP ledger.

No one can say how the whales will manipulate the market so, lets wait for a surprise. Regarding the other point, I'm starting to see the success of Ripple incl, all partners with 1,7% leverage on XRP price for now and maybe more if 18 companies will join in future (> 2018) as showing by this picture:

2007218182_2018-05-1513_38_53-rppl.info_RipplePartnershipsandRippleNetImplementations.small.jpg.574e4f5eac771ef9707dbfb9eb254cde.jpg

I've postet is already yesterday and i found the overview here: http://rppl.info/

Electronic handshakes

Edited by Chris404
typo and named data from Testing chart

36 minutes ago, Greeny said:

I see article after article saying that 2018 will be another 2017 for cryptos, XRP to hit 5-10 dollars, BTC to hit 50k, ETH to hit 15k.  All by end of year.  As we near the halfway point, we should be much higher for those numbers to have any chance of coming true.  Do not get me wrong, I believe in the future of crypto, just not in 2018.  Thoughts.

This is such a weird space to be honest. Last year in fall we were discussing how it would have been extraordinarily magnificent if we could reach 50 cents by the end of December, (at that point the price was oscillating in 17 to 20 cent range). So, normally you would be right, but if we do get one of those parabolic moves then 5$ even 10$ can be reached.

I might be being a little flippant, but everyone here has a number. For some that is $5, $10, maybe $2.31 Whatever number that is, even if you could peg it, realize that once you hit it (maybe cash out) you now have the problem of going from getting rich... to being rich. Don't wish for that quickly. The freedom from being rich is toxic. Enjoy the fact that you get to marinate for a few years and adjust to being rich slowly. There can be no better way. If you doubt... look at what happens to Lottery winners.

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

All of crypto is crashing for 2 reasons:

1) All coins are tied to BTC

2) Mt Gox keeps flooding the market. They just did it again. 

Everyone needs to call down. At some point either:

1) We decouple or 

2) Mt Gox runs out of BTC to dump. 

They sold 56K in 6 months, they sill have 137K more. Mt Gox won't run out of BTC anytime soon.

The fact that US Credit Card providers have banned crypto purchases killed some of the market as well. People liked the instant purchase. They don't want to take a few days to fund a crypto account and have their money sit there. Especially, the more emotional buyers. It was a complete impulse buy this time last year for many. 

I know I didn't keep money on an exchange, but when Bitstamp opened up credit card purchases I was buying every XRP dip I could. Now I'm more pragmatic about it. 

Yes, you can buy instant with a debit card, but I think some people were enjoying buying on credit and then paying it off at the end of the month instead of the money being taken from your account immediately. 

That said, I'm not giving up on $5. I think the moves are slowly happening to enable people instant XRP purchases that make buying BTC and ETH as a gateway coin irrelevant for the average investor. 

2 minutes ago, ed1 said:

They sold 56K in 6 months, they sill have 137K more. Mt Gox won't run out of BTC anytime soon.

At that rate we will decouple long before they are out of BTC. 

46 minutes ago, Greeny said:

I see article after article saying that 2018 will be another 2017 for cryptos, XRP to hit 5-10 dollars, BTC to hit 50k, ETH to hit 15k.  All by end of year.  As we near the halfway point, we should be much higher for those numbers to have any chance of coming true.  Do not get me wrong, I believe in the future of crypto, just not in 2018.  Thoughts.

After reading the title of your thread, would you mind giving me the next winning lotto numbers?  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Graine said:

In december, no one expected xrp to reach $2. It got to $4. 

Truth is, it is impossible to predict the valuation of a highly speculative asset. 

And subsuquently declined by 85%. People here dont want pumps and dumps. 

Again... who cares. Stop trying to find the EOY price or the price in 2 weeks. The reality... it will either get to a number beyond your imagination or you'll be bagging groceries at Walmart. Worry more about how you will adjust to the wealth. I've watched dozens of these threads for many years hashing out this same argument. It's like sword fighting with cotton candy in a sand trap.