Greeny

$5 not happening this year

21 hours ago, Loki said:

All of crypto is crashing for 2 reasons:

1) All coins are tied to BTC

2) Mt Gox keeps flooding the market. They just did it again. 

Everyone needs to call down. At some point either:

1) We decouple or 

2) Mt Gox runs out of BTC to dump. 

Anyone know approximately how much more and how much longer Mt. Gox has left to dump??

2 minutes ago, vrippled said:

Anyone know approximately how much more and how much longer Mt. Gox has left to dump??

I think 130,000 or so. There is a website that tracks it somewhere but I couldn't find it. I think they have sold all that they *need to* to pay people back. 

22 minutes ago, vrippled said:

Problem is lack of buying not a paltry 900 million of bitcoin. If we had 30-50 billion a day of volume it would eat right through that like candy on Halloween.

20 hours ago, Professor_Fate said:

Coming into sudden money mocks your former life.  If you aren't 100% certain who you are it can unhinge you.  The ones daydreaming of expensive sports cars will not fare well if things turn out for them.  It will be  a curse.

Whiskey, fishing, country hideaway, that all still works though right?

i love the mambo pics, but even if XRP shot to $1000 this year I ain’t buying one.  Those cars are meant to be leased for photo shoots, not every day use.

22 hours ago, Greeny said:

I see article after article saying that 2018 will be another 2017 for cryptos, XRP to hit 5-10 dollars, BTC to hit 50k, ETH to hit 15k.  All by end of year.  As we near the halfway point, we should be much higher for those numbers to have any chance of coming true.  Do not get me wrong, I believe in the future of crypto, just not in 2018.  Thoughts.

It depends when the next bull run starts with BTC. If it starts in the next month or so, it’ll all happen this year. If we are in an extended bear market, it’ll happen probably by half way through next year.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

It depends when the next bull run starts with BTC. If it starts in the next month or so, it’ll all happen this year. If we are in an extended bear market, it’ll happen probably by half way through next year.

This is what I am thinking too. If BTC has a bull run XRP should tag along to a certain extent (hopefully), MAYBE enough to give it a good enough price for banks to start sourcing it for liquidity. If that happens, then the ball will keep rolling, at least for XRP.

Utility will absolutely detach XRP from BTC. BTC could tank and if XRP is already being widely utilized, it will keep chugging along because sentiment towards BTC wont change the use case of XRP once it has started full force.

Edited by Trader-to-the-Crown

On 5/16/2018 at 7:33 AM, automatic said:

Definitely possible, and then some.  Multiple significant developments (xrp and crypto in general) all seem to be coming to a head this summer, so I suspect that the crypto world in six months from now is going to be quite different than it is today.

People said the same thing as about May. 

40 minutes ago, ohtheSpark said:

People said the same thing as about May. 

Yup, and that will be true for any given time frame.  There is no such thing a "internet investment advice";  everyone should do their own research and decide on their own what is real and what is BS. 

Your money, your decisions.  No one else's.