XRPG

Snoop Dogg Helps Ripple's Crypto Community Get High at XRP Event

Posted (edited)

To me this is not good press you want to have, especially when your trying to work with big banking, and for Brad G to say he didn't have the final word on who preformed at this event doesn't go over well with me. Some may think that any press is good, I beg to differ.

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-16/snoop-dogg-helps-ripple-s-crypto-community-get-high-at-xrp-event

Edited by karlos
title

Terrible press, cant really expect anything else to come after a Snoop dog performance to be honest.

Whilst weed is basically legal within the US this publicity is terrible for the main corridors Ripple is looking to target (Asia, middle east ect where the death penalty/life in prison is the punishment for small possession). Hopefully, events like this won't stain its relationships.

It would have been sweet to be there though :)

10 minutes ago, XRPG said:

To me this is not good press you want to have, especially when your trying to work with big banking, and for Brad G to say he didn't have the final word on who preformed at this event doesn't go over well with me. Some may think that any press is good, I beg to differ.

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-16/snoop-dogg-helps-ripple-s-crypto-community-get-high-at-xrp-event

Agreed. Another PR disaster for Ripple, when the entertainment at their event invites the audience to take drugs with him. And Brad Garlinghouse abdicating all responsibility by saying it wasn't him who chose Snoop Dog. Definitely not the type of organization a central bank or any other bank would want to be dealing with. 

This would be bad publicity for a normal company, but Ripple Labs has always had  ‘unique’ messaging and PR campaign.  My guess is Kim Jun will be the next MC, because they heard that Koreans love XRP.

Can’t wait to see the Tweets of Katz dabbing!

Posted (edited)

The banking community is still somewhat button-down.  They want to deal with companies that can demonstrate that they can make good

decisions.  Inviting this low-life was a bad call.  Brad not taking responsibility made it worse.  Best to put this one in the rear-view mirror.

Edited by Professor_Fate

31 minutes ago, XRPG said:

Interesting to see how quickly all the usual suspects come to share in collective criticism. It is apparent that the authors of the article are biased against Ripple and instead of adopting an objective and neutral stance as any good journalists would, have been quick to do a completely negative spin on the event and interweaved bits of fact with heaps of fiction. Snoop Dogg has been a public supporter of the cryptosphere for many years and the fact that he is one of the most popular rappers goes a long way in bringing awareness of Ripple and XRP to the masses. 

14 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

This would be bad publicity for a normal company, but Ripple Labs has always had  ‘unique’ messaging and PR campaign.  My guess is Kim Jun will be the next MC, because they heard that Koreans love XRP.

Can’t wait to see the Tweets of Katz dabbing!

Maybe that was the case when the company was called Ripple Labs, and it has only ever been 'unique' in the fact that it is usually a disappontment. The company is called Ripple and a higher level of professionalism is expected, given what they are trying to achieve. 

10 minutes ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

They should have had the event at the library and read books together.

@princesultan and friends would then lambast Ripple for being booksmart and uncreative. Tough customers, these folks are.

I do understand the aspect of trying to look good to other countries. But I also think the higher ups there do their fair share of drugs, so..."Do as I say, not as I do". 

It will look good to a certain demographic. Maybe that is who they were going for. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Leprecoin said:

Maybe that was the case when the company was called Ripple Labs, and it has only ever been 'unique' in the fact that it is usually a disappontment. The company is called Ripple and a higher level of professionalism is expected, given what they are trying to achieve. 

Sorry, but the company’s official name is Ripple Labs. It was only rebranded as Ripple. 

Edited by Valhalla_Guy