jlr

Yoshitaka Kitao Expects XRP to Reach $10

As you all might know that Yoshitaka Kitao, CEO of Tokyo based SBI Holdings, expects XRP price to reach $10 end of year.

Yoshitaka Kitao is a serious businessman with huge influence on financial environment.
What do you think how he made his prediction? How accurate can his prediction be? I have a gut feeling it is not only a guesstimate, but it made based on scientific estimation.

Many of you are more optimistic about pricing XRP,
 but considering Mr. Kitao professional experience his prediction might be the closest to 
 the real. So realistically the best prediction would be $10 EOY price.
 What do you think?
Again the main question is not about the speculation (that's why I chose 'General Discussion' ) but the method/background information from he made his prediction.

Of course I share his hopes, but like everything I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

SBI is launching their own exchange this summer, which will be mainly focused around XRP I think. Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.

So I see someone with  big stakes in XRP, who on the other hand also has a huge power to have a positive influence on the pricing, through this exchange launch.

I don't know if he actually ever stated the 10$ prediction himself, or publicly retweeted someone making that statement based on the launch story.

Edited by XRP_Squirrel

1 minute ago, Coretex said:

I think this whole "Yoshitaka Kitao Expects XRP to reach 10 USD" is based on a fact that he re-tweeted some article where they predicted 10 USD EOY.

Or have I missed something? If so, can you share link where he states he expects XRP to be 10 USD EOY?

nope that's all it was

look guys, he HOLDS XRP, ofc he's gonna be bullish on it :D

same with anyone who holds anything... look at pantera capital predicting an insane market cap for this year, of COURSE they'd say that, they've a vested interest

that's really all it is -- now, will xrp hit $10?! NO ONE KNOWS!

Oh and BTW he (his account) re-tweets quite many various articles, blog posts, etc. regardless of their quality. Quite strange for a CEO of such Group. Sometimes he re-tweets it without reading, I think. I saw him re-tweet some total garbage fud piece probably just because the title looked positive / neutral. I doubt he would have re-tweeted it after reading it.

Just now, Coretex said:

Oh and BTW he (his account) re-tweets quite many various articles, blog posts, etc. regardless of their quality. Quite strange for a CEO of such Group. Sometimes he re-tweets it without reading, I think. I saw him re-tweet some total garbage fud piece probably just because the title looked positive / neutral. I doubt he would have re-tweeted it after reading it.

true, in part it might be a language barrier thing

1 minute ago, zerpdigger said:

true, in part it might be a language barrier thing

Would you think so? It would be strange to me as well.

I would expect his account to be managed by someone with perfect language skills.

I dont know, maybe you are right.

Yes, it seems I misunderstood several tweets and articles, like 
https://twitter.com/yoshitaka_kitao/status/963232046830182400
or
https://twitter.com/colinskinner573/status/996364598591803392
or
https://cryptocurrencynews.com/daily-news/ripple-news/yoshitaka-kitao-ripple/

I mean Mr. Kitao didn't claim that he expects XRP to reach $10 EOY,
but many people (and me as well) claimed that he claimed that he expects XRP to reach $10 EOY, which is not correct.

I don't really think half of what Kitao tweets is actually him - I mean, it would be really odd to me if a CEO retweets non-stop some random articles and stuff literally every 5 minutes.. I guess he should be busy with other stuff as well, no? Sometimes he retweets some random stuff from 2-3 months ago lol

If he wants XRP to even have a chance of reaching $10 by the end of the year he better not delay the SBI stuff again ;]