Love this! Looks great next to the fiat symbols, fits in nicely. Maybe the shorthand in written form could just be to write an ordinary capital "X" with the two crossing lines. Meets many of my suggestions for suitable criteria for an XRP symbol, and still has the same visual metaphors, except the bridge is somewhat stronger and bringing the two sides together adds another interesting element.  The bridge part looks like its binding two previously straight lines, which is a great analogy for what Ripple is doing in the payments industry. Monolithic, unadaptable systems being effortlessly bound together with the "XRP bridge".

EDIT: Have updated my above github comment with this suggestion

Edited by Professor Hantzen
4 minutes ago, XRPisthefuture said:

love it but I think the decision has been made since during  the conference this week Ripple produced merchandise with a similar symbol to yours.

check out the t-shirts  

Entries can still be submitted I believe, but it seems Ripple are pushing their design(which looks awesome imo).

19 minutes ago, XRPisthefuture said:

love it but I think the decision has been made since during  the conference this week Ripple produced merchandise with a similar symbol to yours.

check out the t-shirts  

Yes, Ripple are pushing their idea and it's nice, but no decision has been made and entries are open until June 1. Also, while I like their symbol, FWIW I think it will be ideologically better for a non-Ripple idea to be chosen otherwise it makes the whole process look like a sham. Or at the very least, there should be a selection panel so that the voting process can't be spammed by anti-XRP cohorts. But if a clear majority, in whatever way, go with the Ripple submission then that's the community voice.

Edited by OzAlphaWolf
5 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Yes, Ripple are pushing their idea and it's nice, but no decision has been made and entries are open until June 1. Also, while I like their symbol, FWIW I think it will be ideologically better for a non-Ripple idea to be chosen otherwise it makes the whole process look like a sham. Or at the very least, there should be a selection panel so that the voting process can't be spammed by anti-XRP cohorts. But if a clear majority, in whatever way, go with the Ripple submission then that's the community voice.

Agreed. I think it'd be dangerous for the community to lay down and simply choose a Ripple-created symbol. Also, have they trademarked it? That symbol has been in the works for some time. Here's one possible way to hold a fair vote that also allows Ripple employees to vote: 

• Create a twitter profile that's provably owned by a non-ripple individual who is a known and publicly identified and trusted member of the Ripple community
  • Make that profile private
  • Have a 1 - 2 week period where anyone can follow and view that account (including Ripple employees) once they've submitted a 1 XRP payment via the XRPtipbot
  • Vote
2 hours ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Working on an idea.

Very very nice!   Well done mate.  You truly are a Renaissance Man.  Many skills eh!

Yeah I do think it’s best the community other than Ripple choose it. 

I haven’t cared till now because no symbol I saw in passing looked appropriate.  Yours does.  ?

15 hours ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Working on an idea. Needs a little more work I think, maybe thicker and cross lines maybe separated a little more. I submitted a basic version of this one to xrpsymbol (on Twitter) already and it's on github but I've tweaked it a bit and given it context.

xrp symbol.png

I like your idea a lot, what would you think about combining it with the waves theme? This is clumsy, but you get the drift...

image.png.bfd862ce659869b3cc8d55b0ce896880.pngimage.png.45ce084d48de9503cd830d9f7d3b3bee.png

Edited by GiddyUp
inverse