Tehol_Beddict

Rippled 1.0 is Here!

1 minute ago, sime990 said:

Do we know when xRapid is coming out of beta officially? 

TBH I think most major bugs were already ironed out prior to 1.0.0.

I just see a lot of XRP community people expecting HUGE things now that 1.0.0 is released.  I don't believe its some sort of "Full throttle XRP production now boys" type of release?

I do think that a lot of xRapid clients will emerge into production as their own testing is confirmed as the year progresses but was the 1.0.0 release a dependency for that?

Today:

https://twitter.com/nbougalis/status/996385729646297090

3 minutes ago, sime990 said:

Forgive my stupidity.. but I can't find anywhere on that tweet that states "xRapid is now out of beta and ready for production" ?

1.0.0 is the first official release.  It's just how software versioning works where anything pre version 1 is beta.

28 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

OK semantic difference, but today's news is about Rippled the server, not xRapid itself, right? So we can't yet say xRapid is out of beta??

That's exactly what I'm getting at... Rippled 1.0.0 doesn't mean that xRapid is now out of beta.

Rippled 1.0.0 is a significant milestone as it signifies a "final release" in most software development methodologies but I guarantee it won't be the absolute last release for Rippled either.  Over time further enhancements / bug fixes are inevitable. 

33 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

OK semantic difference, but today's news is about Rippled the server, not xRapid itself, right? So we can't yet say xRapid is out of beta??

You're right Rippled is the XRPL server.  OP was about Rippled but it got conflated with xRapid in the thread.  I'm not sure how much of the stack this will effect but hopefully xRapid isn't far behind.

1 hour ago, mm34505 said:

have you heard the one about a brief case and a plane?

Im so bored of the example, of course needed for newbies....but when you said joke of belriefcase on plane, thats metash*t funny.