Tehol_Beddict

Rippled 1.0 is Here!

Maybe the whole XRP night/event is going to have something to it afterall...

32 minutes ago, mm34505 said:

So its ready but it will not be used until an announcement or will it start being used right away?

I believe that's up to the customer. When they want to go full power, they will.

Why is there so much hype over 1.0.0? I understand that 1.0 in version control is usually considered a more "complete" version... but Rippled has been in production for a long time now.

Did I miss something... does this now somehow mean that xRapid customers will all of a sudden start going live now? Was Rippled 1.0.0 a dependency for that? If yes then let the games begin :) 

Don't get me wrong - amazing job from the Ripple team.  Any release requires a celebration but is version 1.0.0 really some sort of massive game changer for customers of Ripple given that many customers have already been in production for xCurrent already?

+## Version 1.0.0.

+

+The `rippled` 1.0.0 release includes incremental improvements to several previously released features.

+

+**New and Updated Features**

+

+- The **history sharding** functionality has been improved. Instances can now use the shard store to satisfy ledger requests.

+- Change permessage-deflate and compress defaults (RIPD-506)

+- Update validations on UNL change (RIPD-1566)

+

+**Bug Fixes**

+

+- Add `check`, `escrow`, and `pay_chan` to `ledger_entry` (RIPD-1600)

+- Clarify Escrow semantics (RIPD-1571)

41 minutes ago, sime990 said:

Why is there so much hype over 1.0.0? I understand that 1.0 in version control is usually considered a more "complete" version... but Rippled has been in production for a long time now.

Did I miss something... does this now somehow mean that xRapid customers will all of a sudden start going live now? Was Rippled 1.0.0 a dependency for that? If yes then let the games begin :) 

It gives potential clients confidence that the software is production-ready & any major bugs have been ironed out.

I wouldn't be surprised if MG for instance has already been using it in production in some low volume corridors.  Coming out of beta may unlock some ND agreements where live use cases can be announced.

Edited by PG1

9 minutes ago, sime990 said:

Don't get me wrong - amazing job from the Ripple team.  Any release requires a celebration but is version 1.0.0 really some sort of massive game changer for customers of Ripple given that many customers have already been in production for xCurrent already?

+## Version 1.0.0.

+

+The `rippled` 1.0.0 release includes incremental improvements to several previously released features.

+

+**New and Updated Features**

+

+- The **history sharding** functionality has been improved. Instances can now use the shard store to satisfy ledger requests.

+- Change permessage-deflate and compress defaults (RIPD-506)

+- Update validations on UNL change (RIPD-1566)

+

+**Bug Fixes**

+

+- Add `check`, `escrow`, and `pay_chan` to `ledger_entry` (RIPD-1600)

+- Clarify Escrow semantics (RIPD-1571)

1.0  means Xrpaid is ready to go live! full production onslaught

If they wanna use it they can this is big

3 minutes ago, PG1 said:

It gives potential clients confidence that the software is production-ready & any major bugs have been ironed out.

I wouldn't be surprised if MG for instance has already been using it in production in some low volume corridors.  xRapid coming out of beta may unlock some ND agreements where live use cases can be announced.

Do we know when xRapid is coming out of beta officially? 

TBH I think most major bugs were already ironed out prior to 1.0.0.

I just see a lot of XRP community people expecting HUGE things now that 1.0.0 is released.  I don't believe its some sort of "Full throttle XRP production now boys" type of release?

I do think that a lot of xRapid clients will emerge into production as their own testing is confirmed as the year progresses but was the 1.0.0 release a dependency for that?

3 minutes ago, mm34505 said:

1.0  means Xrpaid is ready to go live! full production onslaught

If they wanna use it they can this is big

Oh does it? I must have missed that point... where can we read an official source to confirm this? xRapid software itself has its own set of releases too ya know..