SuperTronk

Why would anyone leave Ripple when 500+ a coin is a lock

To begin with.. who the hell even said that 500-5,000 is a "lock" and why would you believe someone's speculation.

Anything is possible but nothing is "locked" aside that Ripple have an outstanding world class team working at solving one of the biggest payment infrastructure problems in history.

@SuperTronk ever heard of pursuing your own dreams and building something of your own? Which actually happens to to even further boost the overall utility of XRP anyway.  I wouldn't be worried unless there was some sort of mass exodus of key players of Ripple.. then you could say "something is up" yes.

3 hours ago, Javim777 said:

Maybe they own a lot of XRP :) They were their from the beginning so I guess they own A LOT, for free.  Why shall they stay if they already have it. They are aiming to diversify.

Its not free. There are huge sacrifices, and cost to their work and value, we do not know and should not assume free.

I'm just curious how fudders like the OP and numerous other members on the boards sleep at night.  Do they not feel bad knowing everyone online hates them? 

Wouldn't it feel awful to have every single post you write be ridiculed and laughed at? 

Are these individuals so phycologically messed up that they don't understand they're the most hated kid in class? 

All I know is if this is an example of how they live their lives, it must suck to be them!

Edited by XRPisVELOCITY

3 hours ago, iLeeT said:

People that say $500 per coin is a sure thing have no idea how markets work (and no, I'm not talking about the market cap)

The same people who never imagined btc reaching thousands.

3 hours ago, SuperTronk said:

Yeah I get that...but why not wait. Cash out with unlimited funds (should be billions for this guy like everyone is saying off of predictions) then have enough firepower to really push XRP.

Its like Bezos bailing on Amazon right after the tech collapse. 

You don't know what kind of carrot they offered him.  I wouldn't worry that this is a "sky is falling" event.  More of a personal growth/opportunity for him/them

1 hour ago, fregatta said:

Divide BTC or XRP into however many pieces you want. It doesn’t alter the value of the whole. If BTC suddenly changed its satoshi decimal point, it would change the value of a satoshi but not the value of a single BTC.

Im not dividing anything, I'm using the unit that both ledgers use. Neither recognise bitcoin or xrp, but only satoshis and drops. 

8 hours ago, SuperTronk said:

All I hear is how we will go to 500-5,000 a coin for XRP.. Why would anyone leave Ripple if that was a lock, no venture they could create will ever come close to those gains.  

Something is up......hope everyone locked profits. 

Essentially, Stefan Thomas gave up a senior executive job a Ripple to go work for XRP.

Let's think about that for a minute.  He gave up a guaranteed paycheck (probably a great paycheck) to 'gamble' that he can help XRP thrive. 

There are a couple of important points here.

First, in FUDDERS 101 they teach that Ripple will be successful, but XRP will not be.  In leaving Ripple, Stefan, with actual inside knowledge, gives up the secure job at Ripple which is a guaranteed pay that even the FUDDERs acknowledge is of significant value. Presumably, Stefan has significant holdings in XRP as do all the Ripple executives.  He is banking on his future with XRP rather than Ripple.  If XRP crashes and isn't used in the world, his startup will be all that he has.  Sure, he would probably land a decent job elsewhere pretty quickly, but who would leave his position at his age unless he was assured of something better?  I don't believe Stefan is in this for the money, I believe he is in it to change the world.  However, leaving the security of a fantastic job to go gamble on XRP is either extremely balsy or he knows something.

The second thing is that Stefan leaving Ripple for another business provides another entity working to improve the value of XRP.  Kind of difficult to classify XRP as a security when the valuation of the asset is based on the work of multiple businesses.  

Additionally, the more people who branch off of Ripple the less centralized the power becomes.  I'm sure Stefan takes a lot of XRP from the company holdings as he leaves.

Stefan was provided a zero risk opportunity to be paid well and develop the interledger platform that he had envisioned without actually having to put his own money up to do it.  He fulfilled his obligation to Ripple and turned around and is now attempting to use the very system he helped create with the asset he trusts to facilitate micro payments on a larger scale.

If you don’t think this man believes in the future value of XRP I think you are likely looking to closely for what’s wrong as opposed to stepping back and seeing what’s obviously right.

Uhhh what...  What does leaving Ripple (but still being funded by them) have to do with those guys owning XRP ?

I can almost guarantee they have stocks in the company, and a pretty hefty stash of XRP. So no matter where they go now, they're set for life. Why not try to further Ripple's goals of an Internet of Value by creating another company aimed at doing so but with a different strategy and use case ?

22 hours ago, SuperTronk said:

All I hear is how we will go to 500-5,000 a coin for XRP.. Why would anyone leave Ripple if that was a lock, no venture they could create will ever come close to those gains.  

Nothing is guaranteed - or a “lock”. No idea how you arrive at this conclusion.

Extremely poor quality post.

DYOR.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:34 AM, SuperTronk said:

Yeah I get that...but why not wait. Cash out with unlimited funds (should be billions for this guy like everyone is saying off of predictions) then have enough firepower to really push XRP.

Its like Bezos bailing on Amazon right after the tech collapse. 

I'm sure Stefan still has his XRP. Everything he is doing is a plan solely to drive the price of XRP up. This is great news.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:25 AM, SuperTronk said:

Leaving Ripple to create an ecosystem that boosts XRP value doesn't say they sold their XRP....?

If you know everything about Ripple and XRP and now have all the connections and are sitting on say 50,000,000 XRP and have the ability, why wouldn't you leverage your connections and experience to launch a firm that helps drive the XRP value up? that's exactly what I would do.