First live xRapid payment in 10 mins!

Sarnos

1 hour ago, DreXRP said:

The moment we were waiting for a looong time:drinks:

So the topic (and Ripple's tweet) should be 'First xRapid payment in 2 minutes'  then ;) 

Edited by Amigo

6 minutes ago, jag216 said:

Live demo pics from Discord country.

DdLhoxSU8AExshT.jpg

Perhaps someone can confirm, I don't trust my old man eyes. That image shows 137 XRP used to transfer $100 USD, yes? 

Oh for the love of god! We can send money from NY to Mexico in two minutes but it takes over an hour to upload a video! ???

3 minutes ago, Amigo said:

So the topic (and Ripple's tweet) should be 'First xRapid payment in 2 minutes'  then ;) 

Yes, that was more than a little bit sloppy, especially if this is some landmark moment (as people seem to think it is)

8 minutes ago, Scott said:

Perhaps someone can confirm, I don't trust my old man eyes. That image shows 137 XRP used to transfer $100 USD, yes? 

137 xrp = 100 usd or approx. 0.73/xrp

That's the conversion not the cost/fee

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, JA8 said:

Yes, that was more than a little bit sloppy, especially if this is some landmark moment (as people seem to think it is)

Haha - I'm pretty sure they meant the demo was starting in 10 minutes time...

2 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

137 xrp = 100 usd

That's the conversion not the cost/fee

Yes, I am aware of that. Of interest to me was the price being right in line with the rough value currently on the exchanges. Up to now it has been opaque as to how that was actually playing out in these transactions.

7 minutes ago, JA8 said:

The entire process took 2 minutes, the Ripple component took a couple of seconds.  Ripple cant speed up the currency exchange or bank validation.  

3 minutes ago, Rentipple said:

The entire process took 2 minutes, the Ripple component took a couple of seconds.  Ripple cant speed up the currency exchange or bank validation.  

Correct. I'm referring to the actual tweet by Ripple which stated "10 minutes", not "2 minutes". Of course they meant "in 10 mins time" but it reads as if the XRP transfer took 10 mins.

Edited by JA8