Stefan Thomas starting up Coil: Who will be the new Ripple CTO?

Zerping

If he did leave, then best of luck to him. The good thing about Ripple is that it's not centered around one person.

It's centered around adoption, the usage of XRP and liquidity.

That is our golden ticket. People come and go. That's life. 

1 minute ago, Zerping said:

https://medium.com/coil/coil-building-a-new-business-model-for-the-web-d33124358b6

"Stefan Thomas
Founder at Coil, formerly CTO at Ripple"

Did he leave ? Really ?

Think this is a good thing.  Sounds like there are a few key contributors looking to branch out and start companies leveraging XRPL which can only lead to new use cases and enhance the whole ecosystem.  Best of luck to Stefan.

I think this could be huge for XRP if they succeed with Coil.

(I still do regret a little that he is leaving Ripple :))

1 minute ago, Zerping said:

I'm too dumb to figure out how delete the topic.

He sais in the article that he's indeed leaving :), i posted before reading it all.

Thank you for sharing. I wasn't sure what the news was about until coming to this thread. 

1 minute ago, MisterRipple said:

Joelkatz is the new CTO

Cant think of anyone more qualified for the position.

He had actually mentioned this new enterprise several weeks ago.  It was openly declared. I also recall him saying in the same interview that somehow he would still be loosely tethered to Ripple in the event they called him up for his expertise.  It was a carefully planned, not an abrupt exit. 

Edited by xrphilosophy

3 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

He had actually mentioned this new enterprise several weeks ago.  It was openly declared. I also recall him saying in the same interview that somehow he would still be loosely tethered to Ripple in the event they called up him for his expertise.  It was a carefully planned, not an abrupt exit. 

One Small Step…

And that’s why I will be stepping down as CTO of Ripple to set up a new company called Coil. Coil will use Interledger to make the web a more vibrant market for apps and content, where everyone’s contributions are rewarded. We will be based in San Francisco and two amazing people who have conceived and supported this vision for years, Chris Larsen and Evan Schwartz, will join me as board members and guide us on this journey. We’re fortunate to have strong financial and technical backing from Ripple, who are the lead investors alongside myself. This gives Coil everything we need to kickstart a healthier Internet.

Edited by Live4xrp