Imagine if we are literally taking part in developing a symbol that could potentially be used as a standard throughout the entire world and as recognized as the "$" symbol? Crazy

34 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I had a very strong positive reaction to this one.  It's simple, easy to remember, and it evokes the double-line through a USD symbol $ but only sideways. 

Japanese Yen??? with an extra line

Edited by Sarnos

16 minutes ago, Leprecoin said:

The most important aspect of a new symbol is that it is easily drawn by hand. The triskelton style logo is definitely not.

I was referring to the XRP symbol design submitted by Ripple (the Company) and not the current Ripple (the Company) Logo.

Also, I think (in the future) handwritten representations will not be used very often. When was the last time you handwrote "@"?

In addition, as XRP is a digital asset, I think its' representation will (almost always) be in a digital/electronic format.

7 hours ago, XRPRJB said:

This blog is starting to give me the fear. Hodor sounds like a fanatical religious follower ...

You've been a member for a little more than a month and think you know everything about the XRP/Ripple community...LOL + LOL = pathetic

Edited by Malloy

1 hour ago, XRPRJB said:

This blog is starting to give me the fear. Hodor sounds like a fanatical religious follower more than a level headed financial blogger. Why do "we" hope for this or that symbol? "We" want a return for our investment not some commune in the woods where we make Ripple logos out of macaroni and bow down before Brad Garlinghouse statues. I would much prefer cold fact and speculation on the coming week from someone with a better grasp of the circumstances than I do. I am not at all interested in where Ripple came from or which board member fell out with another. That is completely irrelevant.

@Hodor you know your stuff, that much is clear. I don't mean to offend but can you give us some short term predictions or at least some analysis for the coming days? These long fanboy essays aren't cutting it for me at least. I am not one for Kool Aid, I am in this for cash and cash alone. You're knowledge and ability are not well served by this stuff IMHO.

There is nothing wrong with this statement "I am in this for cash and cash alone" and most who invest in XRP (including me) would fall into this Catagory.

However the majority of the rest of your post has a great deal wrong with it. Your opening sentence is extraordinary and the main clause of your second sentence is simply ridiculous; and after that it goes downhill! @Hodor is at pains to point out he does not give out Financial advice, opently states that he is a supporter of Ripple the Company and states  "I especially ❤️ XRP". His Blogs are both an informative and valuable resource, freely provided, to a grateful XRP community not to ingratiate himself to the needy and self-centred.

As to " "We" want a return for our investment not some commune in the woods where we make Ripple logos.." and professing to be interested in "cash alone"; can you not see the irony in those statements. Do you think it not important? I will not spell out the reasons for you (why a unicode standard symbol brings value to XRP) . You're knowledge and ability are not well served by this stuff IMHO.

2 hours ago, Shashzilla said:

I wonder if instead of incorporating all three letters ("X", "R", "P"), we could focus on just incorporating the "R" and "P"? It would lend to a cleaner, more fluid design?

Although after seeing Ripple's submission, I value the hard work they placed into arriving at their end result and want to honor that.

If it wasn't for their submission, I would highly suggest my own. What do you guys think? (Eek, opening the door to criticism, so be kind! It's just a rough draft.)

xrpsymbol.jpg

YES. When XRP was traditionally called "ripples" and the X comes from "For assets not issued by any country, the first letter must be X." then the X is completely unimportant for the symbol, so it should show, like you say, R and P. Or if we want to be a little modern we could try to make something out of ZERPS ?!

Edited by RippleSider

5 minutes ago, RafOlP said:

XRP is a code, it shouldn't be a name. XRP needs a name. It used to be Ripple, the coin from opencoin. Now that opencoin took the name XRP needs as new name. Zerp is cool and has a history.

The more i think about this, it would be very clear and conclusive to use ZERP "official" and why not using the existing Ƶ sign?

Nice informative blog post about XRPsymbol @Hodor. At first when I saw XRPSymbol in Twitter and @peebo38 submission for XRP symbol; I also realized why Ripple and XRP need different symbols. What are your thoughts on my submission?

Can one submit a sloppy made sketch as an entry here @Hodor ?

Here is my idea. The X is there, the P is there and the R is there.
Ahh never mind someone else has already done this I saw now at twitter. ?

xrpNewLogo.png.98e7499665d46c435a92545758d06a3c.png

Edited by zenkert

Looking down above an active ripple

XRPBASE_V2.png

Hee, Hee. Looks a lot like a bullseye or a nipple... maybe there's an artist who can tweak it somehow. I don't know ... the idea was water but nipples are good, right? Too much time on my hands today?

35 minutes ago, whitefanng said:

What are your thoughts on my submission?

I do really love the look of this although maybe a less obvious R would count a little against it, but also the other likely favourites with the XRP combined or X with dollar lines & the idea from ripple all look good to my philistine maths geek mind.

Thought that I put in some creativity and draw an XRP logo that would class as a ‘double so powerful’ Euro..... I did not enter the drawing for the contest but anyone may do so on my behalf. I remain the author. ?

FD4E5763-9FBA-4424-A369-CDDCD233BBE9.jpeg