Full support of XRP will go live on Uphold May 24.

jlr

Being that Uphold is registered with the SEC, would it be safer to store your XRP on Uphold because it is insured in the case of theft.  I currently have mine stored on Nano Ledger S which is safe as well, but if it gets comprised they are gone for good. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Babelly said:

Being that Uphold is registered with the SEC, would it be safer to store your XRP on Uphold because it is insured in the case of theft.  I currently have mine stored on Nano Ledger S which is safe as well, but if it gets comprised they are gone for good. Thoughts?

Depends on how you use Uphold. If you day-trade, keeping XRP on Uphold is more convenient. But if Uphold is hacked you may be looking at a long wait for the insured XRP to be returned. I also don't see  a way to get the secret key for my Uphold wallet (I admit I haven't looked too hard), so there's no way to recover the wallet if the site goes down.

Moving your Uphold XRP to your private wallet avoids some of these issues, but if your hardware wallet stops working you can always get to your XRP using your secret key to create a software wallet.