Jump to content

How long before Coinbase adds ripple?


Recommended Posts

It's a matter of principle at this point. Coinbase is missing out on significant revenue from XRP trading fees, along with the initial sum of money that Ripple was offering to list XRP, and they're don't seem to care.

It's clear they deemed that XRP didn't meet their "decentralization" standards. 

Brian Armstrong is stubborn and not likely to change his bias of Ripple and XRP anytime soon.  Nothing we can do, it's a private company.

My guess it's never listed there, or maybe in 2020+. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sneaks said:

It's a matter of principle at this point. Coinbase is missing out on significant revenue from XRP trading fees, along with the initial sum of money that Ripple was offering to list XRP, and they're don't seem to care.

It's clear they deemed that XRP didn't meet their "decentralization" standards. 

Brian Armstrong is stubborn and not likely to change his bias of Ripple and XRP anytime soon.  Nothing we can do, it's a private company.

My guess it's never listed there, or maybe in 2020+. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Could be bias.  I feel like money would trump that though.  In fairness, they haven't added any new coins since the BCH debacle.  They've focused on upgrading the robustness of their system, capacity, uptime etc. & hired a lot of new staff.  Probably best they take care of some housekeeping first.  It will be interesting to see which coins they add when they finally do add some more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Time will tell but I do agree with @PG1 ,  it will be interesting to see if they bypass us for other coins when they do add additional coins. I know this, I will not do business with them again until they do add XRP. I will want to cash out one of these days and I do continue to add to my stack every month. I have created accounts with other exchanges so I no longer need them. These accounts were created as a direct result of XRP not being listed with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rg809wPPM said:

I have created accounts with other exchanges so I no longer need them. These accounts were created as a direct result of XRP not being listed with them.

I think this may be what ultimately forces them to add XRP.  More exchanges & increasing competition in the US.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coinbase publicly stated they are going to build ERC20 support for all Ethereum based tokens in the "coming months". To me, that says they are ready/willing/able to add new coins, and their next batch of coins will very likely all be ERC20 coins.

https://blog.coinbase.com/adding-erc20-support-to-coinbase-fe9cba6782b

They made $1billion in revenue last year, they don't need the handful of peeps who are avoiding solely because of no XRP. Plus, adding ERC20 support opens up new signups to a broader market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sneaks said:

Coinbase publicly stated they are going to build ERC20 support for all Ethereum based tokens in the "coming months". To me, that says they are ready/willing/able to add new coins, and their next batch of coins will very likely all be ERC20 coins.

https://blog.coinbase.com/adding-erc20-support-to-coinbase-fe9cba6782b

They made $1billion in revenue last year, they don't need the handful of peeps who are avoiding solely because of no XRP. Plus, adding ERC20 support opens up new signups to a broader market.

We do now know at least that ripple were in negotiations to add xrp. Whats to say those megotioations have concluded. And id not be so dismissive of coinbase. We really need an uptick in volume. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sneaks said:

They made $1billion in revenue last year, they don't need the handful of peeps who are avoiding solely because of no XRP. Plus, adding ERC20 support opens up new signups to a broader market.

Let's hope XRP demand is more than a handful of peeps. We're also taking about new market entrants looking to invest in the best performing coins.

I think adding ERC20 coins is a given and I would agree that getting added to Coinbase becomes a little less relevant every day.  I just don't want to believe they would add a bunch of coins and leave out the #3 market cap coin solely based on some stubborn bias.  However, they are in the money transfer business & trying to be the 'Google' of crypto via acquisitions. So it may be that they view Ripple as a competitor. 

I do feel a little dirty every time I discuss CB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.