makemeraf

Daily dose of FUD

This is more of a rant so please bear with me.

Why is everybody picking on XRP? Why not other coins? Went to search some well known cryptocurrencies and paired it with the search "scam" and could only find "Beware of getting your [insert name here] coins scammed through these methods" but search Ripple/XRP+Scam and well enough you get flooded with "Why XRP is a scam", "XRP is a fraud", "Ripple is a ponzi scheme" etc. I mean come on! Do some effing research you sheep! The ones spreading FUD doesn't even know the basics of XRP, **** they don't even know the difference between XRP and Ripple. I even got affected by the FUD and started researching companies that announced their partnership with Ripple to reassure myself, I mean MUFG, Santander, SBI, Moneygram, WU, etc. were established before there were even talks of blockchain technology and digital assets, are they saying these established, well-known companies that partnered with Ripple are scammers too? I mean there are freakin' multi million exchanges being established to accommodate cryptocurrencies and some to with XRP is the main pair. I'm starting to think this is a conspiracy to keep people from buying XRP so that they could keep it for themselves. I mean in my opinion that's the only logical reason they're doing it. So much more to say but I'll end my rant here. *exhales slowly* ?

Ripple may not be the next Amazon, although any company that wants to rival Ripple is at least 5 years late

19 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

People talked about Amazon in the same way in the 90s.  

Now people are afraid of their power and size. 

Why is everybody picking on XRP? Why not other coins?

Paid shills, market manipulation, severe cognitive deficiencies, cult mentality you name it, it's what this space is built upon. Sane and honest people  are unfortunately minority.

38 minutes ago, makemeraf said:

?

XRP goes against the grain of what Bitcoin was originally intended to do.  Bypass banks and govt, work outside of regulation in a private environment, bypass AML laws and hide wealth for tax purposes, etc.

Because XRP is focused on the more practical side of financial reform, which means developing a new digital system that works within the banking/ government control, the true crypto enthusiasts see it as aligning with the bad guys (banks and govt.)

It is unrealistic to expect the world to truly have a currency that goes unchecked, that allows all the negative, dark side of the world to conduct illegal activity and bypass taxes. 

In 2012 the XRP developers recognized the inherent flaw in Bitcoin and developed a system that was, for all intents, better.  Ripple wisely recognized that working within the existing system was the way to change the world with XRP, which they became the custodian of.

While old school crypto people hate that Ripple aligned with the government; the new wave of investors and the investors of the future don't care about the original principles and are more interested in the the financial gains and improvment to the world.

To counter XRP, the old school crypto world that owns the majority of Bitcoin are doing EVERYTHING they can to sidetrack what they see is the replacement to Bitcoin on a more practical level.  A successful Ripe/XRP not only hits their ideals, but their wallets as well. 

The easiest way to slow down Ripple is to spread fake news and fud, file lawsuits, and use their BTC power to manipulate the markets to buy and dumping XRP almost every way possible.  However, as the new investors continue to enter the market, and as XRP develops real utility, there will be a shift in power and the BTC mob will eventually jump ship or get run over.

Unfortunately, this is the way the unregulated crypto world works now.

Just think of it like this, though.  If it weren't for all the fud and BS, XRPs price would have likely skyrocketed long ago and the opportunities to buy at the current prices would only be a 'once upon a time dream'.  

In short, without this FUD, we never would have been able to buy in at these levels and would have potentially missed out on what could be the greatest investment opportunity of our lives.  The FUD has allowed us to be in the position to hate the FUD.

Better days are coming.  Take advantage of your extended buying opportunity.  

For the record, there are people who are paid to spread FUD on different forums.  Yes, they are here, too.  They have quotas on how many 'quality' negative posts they have to make each month and are provided with points and counter points to offset any rebuttals for the XRP world.  they are also given fake news stories or even real stories that have little significance for the FUDsters to blow them up. 

Don't get too upset when you see these people.  There really isn't much you can say to them.  They are being paid and you aren't going to be able to convince them of your argument.  They already know the truth, but they are getting a paycheck.

If you do a little searching on the internet, you can find the 'help wanted' ads.

Here is a little more info:

https://medium.com/swlh/manipulation-in-crypto-communities-641c9aa7eb13

5 minutes ago, spiras said:

For the record, there are people who are paid to spread FUD on different forums.  Yes, they are here, too.  They have quotas on how many 'quality' negative posts they have to make each month and are provided with points and counter points to offset any rebuttals for the XRP world.  they are also given fake news stories or even real stories that have little significance for the FUDsters to blow them up. 

Don't get too upset when you see these people.  There really isn't much you can say to them.  They are being paid and you aren't going to be able to convince them of your argument.  They already know the truth, but they are getting a paycheck.

If you do a little searching on the internet, you can find the 'help wanted' ads.

Here is a little more info:

https://medium.com/swlh/manipulation-in-crypto-communities-641c9aa7eb13

Spread misinformation for a few bucks? Damn. Integrity comes cheap these days.

Just now, makemeraf said:

Uhhmm. I'm confused. Is this sarcasm or are we going to fight?

haha, i'm just messing. Check my rep and historical posts. we're all good here. :)

2 minutes ago, cuber said:

haha, i'm just messing. Check my rep and historical posts. we're all good here. :)

Really got confused for a minute there. ?

2 minutes ago, cuber said:

Welcome to the forum by the way. :crigon_04:

Thanks @cuber  ?

If anyone truly believes that bitcoin would be the main crypto for the next 30 years or even 5 years are delusional brainwashed or ignorant of the word progress. At one time the Model T was a great car. The answering machine was huge tech, ATM machines were weird, Credit cards made no sense, and of course Warren Buffett’s favorite tech the flip phone could actually send a text!! Kinda proves how centralized BTC truly is.