Tehol_Beddict

The International Monetary Fund Highlights Western Union, MoneyGram, BitOasis and BitPesa’s use of crypto-assets for cross-border payments in speech to Atlanta Fed

I'm on the BG123 train until things show otherwise.  Too many things are happening and have happened.  40-50 central bank partnerships?  You'd have to be effing mad to not see the potential from that.  $589 by year end?  That would be a sight to see.  But at the very least, I expect to blow way past the conservative $10-$20 figures that are thrown around. Things will happen faster than people realize.

Of course I think you're effing mad if you live in the first world and haven't bought a significant portion of XRP.  It has been all over the news in the past few months.

Edited by mrhat75

2 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

Digitization of Money and Finance: Challenges and Opportunities

Speech for Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank Conference 
IMF Deputy Managing Director Tao Zhang

http://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2018/05/08/sp050818-digitization-of-money-and-finance-challenges-and-opportunities

Under the Crypto Assets section:

In truth, there are both opportunities and risks associated with crypto-assets. As an asset class, crypto-assets have not been correlated with other assets, and could provide diversification benefits to investors.

Some useful technology is being developed to improve market efficiency. For example, services have slashed from days to minutes the time it takes for cross-border payments to reach destinations. These include relatively small firms like BitPesa in Africa and BitOasis in the Middle East and such well-known companies as Western Union and Moneygram.

...In fact, a group of central banks is actively experimenting with the use of digital currencies and distributed ledger technology with the aim of making cross-border payments more efficient.

Fantastic find @Tehol_Beddict

We have known for a few months that Ripple is working with Central Banks. There have been tweets from Ripple employees saying upwards of 50 of them. This is even more confirmation.

If Ripple is able to crack the Central Bank market and XRP becomes the Central Bank Digital Currency WOW, GAME OVER!

Even that we have a chance at this (and a substantial one at that) makes investing in XRP worth it.

Edited by Chewiecoin

31 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

I'm on the BG123 train until things show otherwise.  Too many things are happening and have happened.  40-50 central bank partnerships?  You'd have to be effing mad to not see the potential from that.  $589 by year end?  That would be a sight to see.  But at the very least, I expect to blow way past the conservative $10-$20 figures that are thrown around. Things will happen faster than people realize.

Of course I think you're effing mad if you live in the first world and haven't bought a significant portion of XRP.  It has been all over the news in the past few months.

I love your positivity @mrhat75 and I agree with it 100%

I think many underestimate how big XRP could be in the future

2 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

http://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2018/05/08/sp050818-digitization-of-money-and-finance-challenges-and-opportunities

In truth, there are both opportunities and risks associated with crypto-assets. As an asset class, crypto-assets have not been correlated with other assets, and could provide diversification benefits to investors.

Some useful technology is being developed to improve market efficiency. For example, services have slashed from days to minutes the time it takes for cross-border payments to reach destinations. These include relatively small firms like BitPesa in Africa and BitOasis in the Middle East and such well-known companies as Western Union and Moneygram.

...In fact, a group of central banks is actively experimenting with the use of digital currencies and distributed ledger technology with the aim of making cross-border payments more efficient.

DON'T STOP I'M NEARLY THERE!!

1 hour ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

? There’s some dots I’ll never bring myself to connect out loud (puts on second tinfoil hat).

I can’t believe I’ve become a conspiracy theorist... I used to be the ultimate skeptic.

You don’t have to say it out loud. Just type it. We will read it silently to ourselves, we promise.

1 hour ago, mrhat75 said:

What is up good people?

I really feel like the inflection point will be on 15th May or thereabouts:-

• It's the XRP Community Night
  • Western Union are giving a speech on 15th May at the J.P. Morgan Global Technology, Media and Telecom Conference
  • Let me also throw in that it's the 2nd day of the Consensus conference

Next week is a YUUUUUUUUUGE week for Ripple and XRP.  I'm usually very patient with XRP, but even I will be disappointed if we don't get some blockbuster good news next week.  Be in no doubt that things are cooking in the background.  Remember us retail investors only ever see the price.  We don't know what's going on.  I honestly think it's a "tell" that the price is being pinned down low this week....certain people will be accumulating.  I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) to see XRP at 70c this week.  No biggie.  I'll be buying, that's for sure.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

1 hour ago, mrhat75 said:

All the pieces are fitting together.  Cobalt is a huge plus-point for XRP.  50,000 tx/s, around 1 second tx time. Volatility problem solved, scaling not a problem.  The infrastructure will be in place. Tell me what other crypto is a candidate as a world currency? Nano, IOTA, ETH, BTC? oh my sides

Of course, there's always unknown unknowns.  Always black swans we can never know about.  I always keep any kind of hubris in check because we can not know everything.  However, so far so good in regards to what we DO know. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

3 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

Excellent article thank you for sharing!

Certainly cements a number of puzzle pieces together and frames the future in the way many imagine things to play out on a number of levels.

Edited by Blpinfinity
Spelling

Let's put this into perspective for a moment.

While other cryptos have spent years working to get adopted in independent shops and celebrating, "woo hoo, you can buy coffee with ABC coin at Rick's Coffee in Montana now!"

Ripple has been working towards global acceptance and adoption. To the point that the International Monterey Fund, acknowledges Ripple and its partners' usage, interest and potential. 

There will be room for other crypto but the difference in scale and potential adoption is so incredibly staggering!

? Additionally, perhaps this is why CEOs like Brad Garlinghouse don't make time for Laura Shin's podcast. ? They're busy! 

Edited by Guest
Grammar

3 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

? There’s some dots I’ll never bring myself to connect out loud (puts on second tinfoil hat).

I can’t believe I’ve become a conspiracy theorist... I used to be the ultimate skeptic.

The deeper you go, the less of a theory is becomes, no?

5 hours ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

The IMF works with all of them.

IMF owns their arses

hhmmm.gif.5d30dd71bb106ec475430b19e9cce6ad.gif

ripple...

walking the talk

and talking the walk

synchronicities

theeconomist-phoenix_get_ready_for_world_currency_by_2018.jpg.c50ed777d67f0c4067dcb22289335950.jpgicx.png.238262b2c4e88c37c6310ab9f261830a.png 

The IMF can help advance the agenda on Fintech regulation by offering advice and by serving as a forum for collaboration. We can work with governments and international standards setters on a consistent regulatory approach.

"Immediate action is needed in three key areas:

to close data gaps that are inhibiting effective monitoring of potential risks and their links to the core financial system;

to support systemic risk assessment and timely policy responses;

and to protect consumers, investors, and market integrity."

ripple has this covered?