Tehol_Beddict

The International Monetary Fund Highlights Western Union, MoneyGram, BitOasis and BitPesa’s use of crypto-assets for cross-border payments in speech to Atlanta Fed

18 minutes ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

a group of central banks is actively experimenting with the use of digital currencies and distributed ledger technology with the aim of making cross-border payments more efficient.

Which one? That I believe is the $589 question.

2 minutes ago, BANKXRP said:

You kept me up to date while i was on the road for a few weeks. Thank you Tehol_Beddict

Thanks @BANKXRP but we can call it even. In my hiatus from doing intense Ripple research (...Believe it or not this is me kinda still on hiatus haha) my main source of info was your tweets ?

1 minute ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

? There’s some dots I’ll never bring myself to connect out loud (puts on second tinfoil hat).

I can’t believe I’ve become a conspiracy theorist... I used to be the ultimate skeptic.

Like some of us, you've just seen the Ripple on the wall.

1 hour ago, Tehol_Beddict said:

Digitization of Money and Finance: Challenges and Opportunities

Speech for Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank Conference 
IMF Deputy Managing Director Tao Zhang

http://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2018/05/08/sp050818-digitization-of-money-and-finance-challenges-and-opportunities

Under the Crypto Assets section:

In truth, there are both opportunities and risks associated with crypto-assets. As an asset class, crypto-assets have not been correlated with other assets, and could provide diversification benefits to investors.

Some useful technology is being developed to improve market efficiency. For example, services have slashed from days to minutes the time it takes for cross-border payments to reach destinations. These include relatively small firms like BitPesa in Africa and BitOasis in the Middle East and such well-known companies as Western Union and Moneygram.

...In fact, a group of central banks is actively experimenting with the use of digital currencies and distributed ledger technology with the aim of making cross-border payments more efficient.

I would think XRP is being hinted at basis those companies mentioned but there would likely be more than one, such as a Digital SDR between Central Banks using Hyperledger maybe?

4 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

I was actually going to say 4 or more... 

As my wife says... 

A COUPLE is TWO.  A couple is ALWAYS TWO.  A COUPLE is NEVER, EVER MORE OR LESS than TWO.

If you have a few that would be 3 or more

If you have several or a group that would be at least 4 or more.

Just don't ever mess up the couple thing with your wife ;) 

whoa bro that was deep :)