Consciousness on the Blockchain - Using XRP and Interledger of Course

What are the deeper implications of building an artificial consciousness on blockchain technology?  How will unique individual digital tokens redefine human time and labor? These will become pertinent questions in the coming years.  The use of the Interledger Protocol and XRP to move value within this socioeconomic and governance structure will be instrumental in developing an agreed upon future. 

My latest article attempts to address some of this material.  I hope you all get something from it. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think of these ideas. 

Consciousness on the Blockchain

Great read JC. I've been a fan ever since I discovered your work a few months ago.

I think whatever advancements / breakthroughs that may come from technology, the same old struggle between light and dark will exist. The battle will manifest in different shapes and forms, but nonetheless, it will be the same Ancient War. However, this battle is perhaps essential to the nature of 'being'; since there can be no light without darkness, and no darkness without light. Underneath duality and opposition, secretly lies a profound unity.

A few questions for you JC....

-How many times have you done Ayahuasca? Have you tried DMT?

-Do you practice meditation? If yes, what tradition?

-Do you think 'Free Will' is an illusion?

They have blockchains in development that utilize AI for their consensus. See Neurochain and Fetch AI. Neuro just completed its ICO. Nice thread as I think artificially intelligent blockchains are definitely next level and will shine. XRP def doesn’t use AI or machine learning though. 

Edited by Tronsucks
2 hours ago, JCCollins said:

What are the deeper implications of building an artificial consciousness on blockchain technology?  How will unique individual digital tokens redefine human time and labor? These will become pertinent questions in the coming years.  The use of the Interledger Protocol and XRP to move value within this socioeconomic and governance structure will be instrumental in developing an agreed upon future. 

My latest article attempts to address some of this material.  I hope you all get something from it. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think of these ideas. 

Consciousness on the Blockchain

Thought-provoking and well written. Thanks for sharing.

I found the fridge joke quiet funny, also.

1 hour ago, NightJanitor said:

I don't know what this is, but I do know I was sold it under the pretense that it had something to do with XRP or Interledger.  On that basis, I would like a time refund.  Thank you.

No refunds. Sold as-is. ?

1 hour ago, JTxrPP said:

Great read JC. I've been a fan ever since I discovered your work a few months ago.

I think whatever advancements / breakthroughs that may come from technology, the same old struggle between light and dark will exist. The battle will manifest in different shapes and forms, but nonetheless, it will be the same Ancient War. However, this battle is perhaps essential to the nature of 'being'; since there can be no light without darkness, and no darkness without light. Underneath duality and opposition, secretly lies a profound unity.

A few questions for you JC....

-How many times have you done Ayahuasca? Have you tried DMT?

-Do you practice meditation? If yes, what tradition?

-Do you think 'Free Will' is an illusion?

Thanks. Answers:

1. Hmmm, lot’s. DMT is of course in ayahuasca but I haven’t taken DMT outside of the tea. There’s a connection of intent which happens during the brew process. I like that part of it.

2. Not really. Working out at the gym brings me balance and writing seems to serve as a strange form of meditation.

3. No, and I’m free to make that conclusion.

53 minutes ago, JCCollins said:

Thanks. Answers:

1. Hmmm, lot’s. DMT is of course in ayahuasca but I haven’t taken DMT outside of the tea. There’s a connection of intent which happens during the brew process. I like that part of it.

2. Not really. Working out at the gym brings me balance and writing seems to serve as a strange form of meditation.

3. No, and I’m free to make that conclusion.

I've been reading and listening to countless stories of peoples' experiences on Ayahuasca and DMT for years now, I hope to try it for myself one day. I have experimented with mushrooms and LSD years ago though but I'm sure the experience is very different.

If psychedelics gives one this marvelous sensory-overload experience and possible insight(s) into...well this experience we call life, then meditation does the same thing but in the opposite direction via the direct experience of  nothingness (sounds cold and bad, but it's actually blissful). I cannot speak for others, but it is within those depths of meditation that I experience the stream of consciousness as a passive witness, and have come to think that 'the perception of free will is an illusion'. That thought didn't come from me, it came to me. From where? I don't know (we can say that about all thoughts) but that's a discussion for another time and perhaps another forum. :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 6:34 PM, JTxrPP said:

I've been reading and listening to countless stories of peoples' experiences on Ayahuasca and DMT for years now, I hope to try it for myself one day. I have experimented with mushrooms and LSD years ago though but I'm sure the experience is very different.

If psychedelics gives one this marvelous sensory-overload experience and possible insight(s) into...well this experience we call life, then meditation does the same thing but in the opposite direction via the direct experience of  nothingness (sounds cold and bad, but it's actually blissful). I cannot speak for others, but it is within those depths of meditation that I experience the stream of consciousness as a passive witness, and have come to think that 'the perception of free will is an illusion'. That thought didn't come from me, it came to me. From where? I don't know (we can say that about all thoughts) but that's a discussion for another time and perhaps another forum. :)

My 2 cents. Free will is no illusion. We have the ability to make any choice we like at any point good or bad. However there is a certain intent to our purposeful attention to this plane when we decide to inhabit a meat suit to have a physical experience. We have an intended path at a soul level but have the freedom to execute on it or not when here. Therein lies the challenge of the physical realm. We all feel it pushing us but many tend to resist it if not all of us to some degree at times. ?

There is no unified definition of consciousness therefore it cannot be studied or discussed with any level of rigor. "Consciousness" is still in the philosophical domain. Important questions traverse and narrow along a predicible path from Religious, to Philosophical, to Scientific. Religious questions are unbounded and unanswerable, philosophical questions are bounded and unanswerable, scientific questions are bounded and answerable. 

51 minutes ago, cmbartley said:

There is no unified definition of consciousness therefore it cannot be studied or discussed with any level of rigor. "Consciousness" is still in the philosophical domain. Important questions traverse and narrow along a predicible path from Religious, to Philosophical, to Scientific. Religious questions are unbounded and unanswerable, philosophical questions are bounded and unanswerable, scientific questions are bounded and answerable. 

Agreed. Consciousness is very much an anecdotal experience. Some consensus can be formed with experiences that align but it as you say is not a tangible that can be proved or measured.