XRP & Derivatives, we are invested in a sleeping giant.

1 hour ago, RippleNZ said:

I don't have a fascination with the Zerpening Club. I think it is great, over there. You do a great job in it. There are some genuine humorists in it.

But too much Kool Aid just isn't good for you. Its an echo chamber and, you just have to read the comments to see that anyone is hesitant to express a contrary view i.e. "I don't want to be accused of spreading FUD here, but maybe XRP wont get to $589 this year?"

Its the breakouts that bother me. Last week we got to 96 cents and you broke out to start a moon thread. boom, Crashed to 85 cents. Today, same thing.

I think it must be pretty clear that I think the Captain has actually lost his Marbles when he sold at what in history will be seen as the summit of a speedbump. But he has a point of view. Right or wrong, he's capable of stringing together an argument.  Rational debate should have a place on this forum. I have seen plenty of people deal with him in a calm and rational way. It does n't require a goon squad dedicated to the eradication of free speech.  You can't run with the hares and hunt with hounds. 

Posting an intelligent serious post like you have immediately above does demonstrate that you understand this point.

Once you talk in third person, you lose rationality in all thoughts.

That’s some Saddam Hussein and Bill Cosby crap.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say one positive thing today. I dare you. 

Just read this on reddit, we are involved in something so huge, it is hard to imagine or believe. Give it a few years and we will be all blown away.    

Ripple getting involved in the derivatives 'market' will be the saddest sellout of all time.  Do they really want to be mentioned in the same breath as this list of criminal organizations?  Ripple has

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Captain_Marbles said:

Your assumptions are off - I am still a top 1% XRP holder.  My task here is to confound the startling amount of foolishness found on what should be a serious financial arena. This site is a treasure, yet how much time is squandered in adolescent hijinks and mindless group cheerleading?   Look at the reaction when a (supposed) dissenter arrives.  Are these people who firmly believe in their convictions?  Captain Marbles welcomes the scorn - it means people are waking up.  You can ooh and aaah when the rooster lights up yet another rocket, or do some serious thinking about what is afoot in the world and what role Ripple is going to play.  Your choice.

The general feeling i get here though is that there are sections for all types. Yes, the Zerpening is truly a place for comedy but many of the guys there have already performed their due diligence, researched Ripple the company and their products and now are happy to sit back and watch what happens with their investment. What else remains? The Z club is just a medium for like-minded individuals to have a bit of fun.

There are also many other sections within XRPChat which do provide valuable technical and informative advice. I have used them myself many a time. These areas are also well known to all members here and i'm sure that these are visited regularly also. As i said everyone knows where to go for what they desire at any particular time. Lecturing folks for how they choose to spend their time is a little condescending.

Entropy exists everywhere.

It is low comedy and I think you know that.

If the Z Club is rife with individuals who have done their due diligence is it not a huge waste of their collective expertise to be posting idiotic .gif's and admiring fart jokes?

As has been said many many times on this site, we are in the beginning of this revolution.   The average XRP chat member knows far more about his/her investment than the average investor.  Does it honor Ripple to engage in endless tomfoolery? Wouldn't it be far better to polish that expertise and educate others instead of wallowing in an online frat house?  Or does this garbage culture, and its sorry cousin social media, encourage that?  I don't pretend to have any answers - simply to be an agent provocateur.

Edited by Captain_Marbles
5 hours ago, RippleNZ said:

What @Captain_Marbles really wants is to sling shot his way to acceptance and recognition.  Hes been lurking in the shadows. He sees the popular guys and girls and wants to be in their crowd. He has carefully crafted a persona (probably bullsh*t) and is muscling his way into the Club. Once he gains the acceptance that he so craves, he will be out there swapping gifs and trading likes and saying good night like something out of the Waltons with all the other hero members at the Zerpening. You can get "Gold" in a week over there Captn, if you play your cards right with the Chicken. 

I actually still believe that he and @MaxEntropy are one of a kind. You don't have to be a professor in stylometrics to observe the tremendous similarities in the writing technique. If this is the case then it is a sad day because although the original Max did appear to get under peoples skin with his contrarian opinions, he did write posts which i found interesting albeit confusing for me sometimes. The only reason i can think for using an alternative profile is because too many members blocked him. I'll admit i have placed several members on ignore but Max would not have been one of them.

2 minutes ago, cuber said:

I actually still believe that he and @MaxEntropy are one of a kind. You don't have to be a professor in stylometrics to observe the tremendous similarities in the writing technique. If this is the case then it is a sad day because although the original Max did appear to get under peoples skin with his contrarian opinions, he did write posts which i found interesting albeit confusing for me sometimes. The only reason i can think for using an alternative profile is because too many members blocked him. I'll admit i have placed several members on ignore but Max would not have been one of them.

Cuber - ah, too bad. You have chosen the lazy path.

56 minutes ago, Captain_Marbles said:

Thoughtful post Harvey - I admire your intent.

About money.  Wouldn't it be freeing if money returned as a marker for real wealth again? Over 40% of the US 'economy' now is 'finance' - moving pixels around on a screen. A monument to artifice and abstraction that has no precedent.

I agree with you on that point, I'm just considering "finance" as a game because it's quit far from the reality now. 

Just like the game, if it collapses or deeply changes in the following years I will adapt 

Edited by Harvey
11 minutes ago, cuber said:

Lecturing folks for how they choose to spend their time is a little condescending.

Word! 

We don’t let anybody tell us what we must do with our time and say or not say.  Being libertarian here for once.  

I detest lecturers. 

Ultimately Karlos is the owner and funder of XRPchat ( being very gratefull for that) and he has the final say. 

Smells like a dictator mobilising ignorant sheep ( reference to Galgitrons new blog).

29 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I agree with you on that point, I'm just considering "finance" as a game because it's quit far from the reality now. 

Just like the game, if it collapses or deeply changes in the following years I will adapt 

Max Keiser on RT had a decent lecture recently on the future of the fiats.  The US dollar will be outed for the worthless counterfeit that it is.

Then the real fun begins.

2 hours ago, Captain_Marbles said:

It is low comedy and I think you know that.

If the Z Club is rife with individuals who have done their due diligence is it not a huge waste of their collective expertise to be posting idiotic .gif's and admiring fart jokes?

As has been said many many times on this site, we are in the beginning of this revolution.   The average XRP chat member knows far more about his/her investment than the average investor.  Does it honor Ripple to engage in endless tomfoolery? Wouldn't it be far better to polish that expertise and educate others instead of wallowing in an online frat house?  Or does this garbage culture, and its sorry cousin social media, encourage that?  I don't pretend to have any answers - simply to be an agent provocateur.

Captain Marbles, your posts are indeed insightful, if not a tad contentious. Speaking from my own perspective, I find your writing style positively patronising, delivered with an opinionated air of self-righteous obnoxiousness. Please don’t be offended, it’s just when I see much of the language you choose to use, I can’t help but imagine you lounging in front of an open fireplace, in a red satin gown and puppy-fur plush slippers, pondering over your next pompous post, holding a large glass of red in one hand with the other fondling (disturbingly and all too frequently) under your gown, as wisps of smoke rise gently from the ivory pipe which lies waiting on your marble side table. Of course I’m likely way off the mark - just saying that’s the image that conjures up when I read your posts. No offence intended ;)

2 hours ago, Captain_Marbles said:

Cuber - ah, too bad. You have chosen the lazy path.

I would love it if you were to enlighten me as to which path you refer and why i have chosen the lazy option with regards to the same.....

10 hours ago, nicktemple said:

I couldn't agree more @Chewiecoin, I really feel a lot of us need to be patient and wait 12 to 36 mths to really see the full potential of what we are invested in.

I truly believe it will blow ever one away.

I'm a bit conservative and thought 36 to 60 months but will be very glad if you are correct with 12 to 36 months! 

3 hours ago, Gaudge said:

Captain Marbles, your posts are indeed insightful, if not a tad contentious. Speaking from my own perspective, I find your writing style positively patronising, delivered with an opinionated air of self-righteous obnoxiousness. Please don’t be offended, it’s just when I see much of the language you choose to use, I can’t help but imagine you lounging in front of an open fireplace, in a red satin gown and puppy-fur plush slippers, pondering over your next pompous post, holding a large glass of red in one hand with the other fondling (disturbingly and all too frequently) under your gown, as wisps of smoke rise gently from the ivory pipe which lies waiting on your marble side table. Of course I’m likely way off the mark - just saying that’s the image that conjures up when I read your posts. No offence intended ;)

We have a real writer here!  Wonderful imagery. You left out the part of my nose lifted high in the air, like you might see from the residents of Gorgonzola, who are accustomed to sniffing the cheese.  You can do it, Gaudge - you have real potential.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.