So what would you say the chance of ripple suceeding is?

I know there isn't really a defnitive answer to to this, but I'd like to hear some different perspectives. I know we are basically talking on the playing field of xrp investors and believers, but as we all know, there is always a risk when investing, no matter how promising things look. There could be factors out of ripple's control that leads to the companies failure, although this is very unlikely it should definitely be taken into consideration when investing, that there is no guarantee that ripple will suceed, though the tech itself looks revolutionary. If we knew 100% for sure xrp was gonna suceed we'd take up loans, sell our cars and everything, but that wouldn't be very smart.

So what do you say is xrp's chance of suceeding? 10%, 20%, 50% or 95%?

I’m going with 95+% and yes I am biased, but if you ask me, Ripple has already exceeded the expectations of many, and so has XRP.  You are right that there are no absolutes in the world of investments, but there’s really nothing guaranteed in life either.  Just look at the facts and Ripple’s endless working behind the scenes to build their infrastructure...not to mention the numerous outstanding partnerships and the talent of the company...and this is as good as you can get in a universe of probabilities.    Cheers!  

It's a good question.  I would say 99%.  But not on any of our timelines.  On the world's timeline- whatever that may be. I think the fear of XRP not succeeding grows in stagnant times because a lot of us want it now, soon, sooner than later, and there is no timeline except conjecture.  But the staggering amount of partnerships this quickly tells the tale.  This is no fairytale, it's a real story.  But will it happen on our "personal" timelines?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  That is the question for me.  When? 

That being said I do feel pretty good about this year as it progresses, and anticipating some serious upward movement - especially as the year progresses.  When?  I don't know.  But am excited about XRP specifically more than ever.  This is a huge undertaking after all. 

I reserve the 1% for something completely random. 

Well, we know that that the curve of human history bends toward improved processes and tools/technology.  What we see with Ripple's solutions are undoubtedly better processes and technologies.  Cross-border money transfers today are almost unbelievably painful and archaic, especially in comparison to the world's information systems.

But as David Schwartz has said, this doesn't mean that something else couldn't come along and derail Ripple's efforts.  The good news for us is the stunning progress that Ripple has made and the Avengers-level talent that they have attracted.  With each new partnership and heavy-hitting team member added, the more likely they are to succeed in their goals. 

I was just thinking about this today when watching an interview with Ripple's Navin Gupta.  I am so incredibly impressed with how many amazing people Ripple has on their team.  I am genuinely not just being a fanboy here.  I am using a level-headed, reason-based assessment of my rational thoughts about what these people have had to say.  It sounds crazy, but every person that on Ripple's team that I have heard in interviews has impressed me with the substance of their statements and their mature demeanors.  If ANY of you have not heard of any individuals that I have listed below, please search them on YouTube.  Every one of them is an all-star (I'm brainstorming, so this is in no particular order!):

Navin Gupta

Dilip Rao

Chris Larsen

Brad Garlinghouse

Miguel Vias

Marcus Treacher

Marjanne Delatinne

Cory Johnson

Danny Aranda

Stefan Thomas

David Schwartz!!!

Asheesh Birla

Nik Bougalis

Ryan Zagone

Warren Anderson

Antionette O'Gorman

This is off the top of my head--I KNOW there must be several that I'm forgetting.  Considering these powerhouses, I'm putting the likelihood of success at 50%.  Disappointed in my number?  You shouldn't be!  Think about how HUGE the endeavor is that they are undertaking.  In essence, they want to fundamentally change the entire way that quadrillions of dollars are moved around the world.  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!  For me to give them a 50/50 shot at this stage is a complete credit to how awesome I think they are.

Now, as far as XRP goes?  Even if Ripple does not succeed in their ultimate goals, XRP and the XRP Ledger are so useful that the value of XRP is still likely to go up.  People will end up using it.  Companies and organizations will end up using it.  Rejoice, people.  And HODL!!!

I'm leaning towards 95%, barring any type of extreme events. Though the timeline is a black hole in my opinion. Pricing of XRP is another black hole, but it's safe to say that both demand and supply will increase, in other words higher volume. Either way, xCurrent, xRapid and whatever else Ripple has designed, can be used to improve efficiency of global markets. The only parties who oppose are the ones who benefit from the current inefficiencies (rent-seekers). But one thing at a time. First it's settlements, then it's liquidity, then come the business and consumer applications, and after that, talk about the IoV will have reached the mainstream media that will bring in millions of new users and ideas. XRP won't be the only digital asset, but it will be the best asset to use in the IoV. 

There are a lot of unknowns, though that's inherent in all of crypto. No guarantees, just one huge opportunity to tag along Ripple's journey.

Depends what you mean by success.  Should Ripple take the low road and become yet one more Gizmo to enrich a select few, then I consider that an abject failure, no matter what the numbers might be.  Now, if Ripple can be a moral and ethical part of a much needed paradigm shift in the way money and value flows and is distributed around the world, then they might very well become THE success of our time.

Surely the question is how do you measure success, sucess for me is XRP $200 because that is my primary cash out point. For some success will be a higher or lower XRP price. What if Ripple and XRP take over the payments and P2P payments markets but XRP only reaxhes $50 has it succeded.

So for me am I confident of reaching my success levels for XRP? yes 100%

18 hours ago, Captain_Marbles said:

Depends what you mean by success.  Should Ripple take the low road and become yet one more Gizmo to enrich a select few, then I consider that an abject failure, no matter what the numbers might be.  Now, if Ripple can be a moral and ethical part of a much needed paradigm shift in the way money and value flows and is distributed around the world, then they might very well become THE success of our time.

Just smile once in a while, I promise you will feel better. 

Ripple has a high chance of succeeding considering how far they've already come. If they were to fail then they probably would have already done so many years ago. Now the chance of Ripple being successful and price of XRP being low is still there. However, it's in their best interest to see the price of this asset increase. Once we see institutional money, mass adoption, regulation, and other variables play out in a couple of years we'll be able to better judge the value of xrp. As others have mentioned if you got in early then you're already successful. I wish that was me lol. I'm 100% XRP and very confident on their success though. They are doing everything right for the most part and have excellent leadership, vision, and execution.