Binance Adds XRP/USDT Trading Pair

22 minutes ago, PriceIsRight said:

Not great news in my opinion. I can't help myself on what i think of tether. So i actually don't like this pair at all. If the tinfoil thing about tether is correct and tether turn in future into worthless pumped money out of nothin...i wouldnt like it to make it that easy from that pair. But, probably tether thing is just bad roumor ...so ignore this comment...but not happy about it..

Edited by Mbetti
18 minutes ago, Mbetti said:

Not great news in my opinion. I can't help myself on what i think of tether. So i actually don't like this pair at all. If the tinfoil thing about tether is correct and tether turn in future into worthless pumped money out of nothin...i wouldnt like it to make it that easy from that pair. But, probably tether thing is just bad roumor ...so ignore this comment...but not happy about it..

My uneducated wild ass guess take on this is that it is a good thing.

Although I'm sure Tether was very very shady, and had a lot to do with inflating BTC, I believe that the increased scrutiny on it forced the Bitfinex crew to pump and dump until they actually do have dollar for dollar.  I could easily be wrong.

But irrespective of that,  a large part of the crypto world seems happy enough to have momentary exposures to it.  I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole,  but that's just me.  So this means that XRP has a large exchange offering easy on ramp to XRP.  A significant disconnection from Eth and BTC.  I would be surprised if this wasn't a significant shot in the arm for XRP.

Edit: For clarity....   I believe it's Bitfinex that is largely held as the shady Tether actors....  I don't know how Binance were in all that...  it won't matter anyway in terms of XRP price...  Until unless the Tether thing explodes it's just a on ramp for XRP that matters.

Edited by Guest
Clarity