MegaNerd

Saying what we dont want to hear..

If XRP were to climb to $100.. would you sell everything?

Imagine for a second you had $1 million to $10 million in your account  at $100, and then some bad news came out regarding the company, a major lawsuit, banks decide not to use xRapid, Ripple management makes a decision which is great for the company, but eradicates XRP investors portfolios.... any unknown variable..

..which led to XRP crashing to $0.05 and never recover.

seeing it has not happened, its very easy for people to say, "id be ok with it because..." but imagine you actually had $1 million in paper profits, knowing you could have sold... but then watched your portfolio drop drop drop to nothing.

Are you planning on risking a million for higher profits knowing that at ANY time, some unknown variable could cause XRP to crash?

i know several people in here already had close to a million @ $3..

but lets say thats it. that we never recover. that 5 years go by, XRP is still at .80 cents.. and then crash. over. done. dead. failed investment. 

regrets?

Edited by MegaNerd

3 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

Are you planning on risking a million for higher profits knowing that at ANY time, some unknown variable could cause XRP to crash?

That's why it's called speculating, the same could be said for holding USD which is just as likely to crash.

24 minutes ago, MegaNerd said:

that makes sense to me. i dont know why it makes sense, but it seems to make sense.

I will have doubts only if we aren’t at 10-5$ by January 2019 , taking that we will have a healthy btc price well over 20 000$ mark . If it stays 9 000-11 000$, a value of XRP at 0,90 to 2$ would seem reasonable still . I don’t believe in decoupling happening just yet, not until some major announcements are made. 

But, frankly I always thought of XRP as of 3 to 6 year investment anyway.

Edited by FUD
Typos

I think it depends on your financial situation, on how well are you doing on other investments if you have any. I did some business before, I feel comfortable investing. But crypto is so much more different than really anything else and is so easy to get carried away. I also been in situations in life, like all of us, when I had to start all over again. At the beginning one might think it`s fine I did that, I`ll do it again, even better. But crypto, can be a lifetime opportunity and greed can ruin the success. Personally, I`d live through but I would regret it. 

14 hours ago, FUD said:

If it happens, it will be way before the 100$ mark, case closed .

14 hours ago, MegaNerd said:

that makes sense to me. i dont know why it makes sense, but it seems to make sense.

because at $100 Ripple labs is sitting on around $5.5 trillion in capital reserves.  With that kind of money, they can just buy any customer who refuses to use xrapid. 

Building off of this... Everyone wants to see Ripple succeed because we believe that will give us a high XRP valuation.

But chicken and egg paradox exists; an extremely successful XRP could just as easily give Ripple the rocket fuel it needs to dominate it's industry. 

Edited by RegalChicken

15 hours ago, MegaNerd said:

If XRP were to climb to $100.. would you sell everything?

Imagine for a second you had $1 million to $10 million in your account  at $100, and then some bad news came out regarding the company, a major lawsuit, banks decide not to use xRapid, Ripple management makes a decision which is great for the company, but eradicates XRP investors portfolios.... any unknown variable..

..which led to XRP crashing to $0.05 and never recover.

seeing it has not happened, its very easy for people to say, "id be ok with it because..." but imagine you actually had $1 million in paper profits, knowing you could have sold... but then watched your portfolio drop drop drop to nothing.

i know several people in here already had close to a million @ $3..

but lets say thats it. that we never recover. that 5 years go by, XRP is still at .80 cents.. and then crash. over. done. dead. failed investment. 

regrets?

I'd sell as soon as my portfolio got to £1m - not all, but probably 90%. That would enable me to clear my mortgage and quit my job. Would still need to work, but I would buy auction properties to fix up and sell on. 2 or 3 a year would be a very comfortable life and I'd be able to spend more time with my family.

23 minutes ago, WaltDangerfield said:

I'd sell as soon as my portfolio got to £1m - not all, but probably 90%. That would enable me to clear my mortgage and quit my job. Would still need to work, but I would buy auction properties to fix up and sell on. 2 or 3 a year would be a very comfortable life and I'd be able to spend more time with my family.

Do you ever ask yourself why we all pick a round number and if that is the most prudent way to be?

I've been questioning that lately myself.  why is it $1million or $100k that is the sweet spot?   Like maybe I'd be better off or just as well off if I cashed out a small portion at like $85k or $765,000 instead of a million and let myself hedge against a crash or something. 

Why sell all at once?  If it gets to $100, I'll sell 10% of my holdings and get my initial investment back times 40.  If it drops to $90 or goes up to $150, I'll sell 10% more. In either direction the price goes, I'll be a happy person with that kind of money. 

Truthfully though, if/when it gets to $100, I wouldn't sell so much because I think XRP has huge potential.  I think the odds of it going to zero after hitting $100 is less than my accounts getting hacked.  That's what I protect against and worry about the most.

Edited by OldManWinter