Sceptic

I'm back and I'm MORE bearish than ever!

Goes on a great vacation. WHILE THERE, is obsessed with XRPChat. Bless his little heart. Initiating Ignore Sequence now.

Edited by Deeznutz
I feel bad for him. I do.

Guys, enjoy your interactions with @Sceptic while you can still enjoy them.  After the price starts to run and never come back in the coming months, you'll never see this idiot posting here again.

Hurr durr Ripple doesn't need XRP to be a success.  Please explain why xRapid is moving to production in Q2.

@Sceptic and @Captain_Marbles

So you draw the “ they call out every opposite view as fud”  card again. Thereby disqualifying every objection to your post in advance as “ narrow minded” and “ of low intellectual level, like in the Zerpening”.

That’s a smart technique in discussions, kudos for you!  By degrading others you try to climb higher on the intellectual ranking. 

In real life we call that arrogance combined with unsupported provocations, and ego-boosting. 

In crypto we call it FUD.

Not because its an opposite view, but because its brought without ( at least trying to back it up with) solid argumentation and with malicious intentions. 

You’re doing the very same thing you’re accusing others of. 

Agitators. 

2 hours ago, Sceptic said:

Xrp has never been needed for xrapid to be a success...

Your post was interesting until this line. Unless you meant Ripple the company, or RC Cloud suite (which is xCurrent based) or xCurrent. 
xRapid is the only solution that requires the use of XRP. 

Are you the guy that sold at $1.2+? Good call. 
How do you protect your short position, if you are on margin, that is. But if you're not, why call a simple sale a 'short'?

4 hours ago, Sceptic said:

More bearish because....

Hype around crypto is waning..

Regulation is coming...

Xrp has never been needed for xrapid to be a success...

Hype will be back soon. Perhaps you're not paying attention but the big money is warming up. Dec.2017 was nothing compared to what will happen when the merchant bank trading desks open.

XRP will thrive under regulation. Why do you think Ripple are calling for it? You don't strike me as the sort of person who does actual research so you probably don't know that regulation is the number one obstacle cited by banks as holding back uptake of blockchain solutions.

"XRP has never been needed for xRapid to be a success" - demonstrable evidence that you don't research. This statement is wrong by definition.

...to refute but a few.

Guest Ripplista79
4 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Can I ask please....

I understand the mechanism of a short in a theoretical sense but I've never done one and woukd like to ask how did you go about it exactly?  Are your shorts leveraged?  What exchange do you use?  Are you shorting other coins?

I like contrarian views because they force one to re-examine ones' assumptions.  You have made money out of your views,  so you have runs on the board, and should be engaged honestly and frankly.

My view is that the market is manipulated and the price of XRP is way below its real current value,  with a lot of upside potential as adoption occurs.  So in my view your shorting in XRP can only be profitable for a while...  how long is unclear.  My concern would be if you are leveraged then the eventual XRP climb could undo all your previous profits and more.

Thanks for any shorting info you can share.  (I'm idly considering shorting Etherium....  but I don't have any money so it's a pipe dream...)

please dont short if u dont have the funds to cover deep losses.  it could go against u in a terrible way.  with minimal funds better to hodl and be sure of what u have.  even with funds it can be stupid.  i lost a lot last year shorting bitcoin at 13k only to watch it go to 19k before i folded.  it took 3 months of grinding to make back my losses.

4 minutes ago, Ripplista79 said:

please dont short if u dont have the funds to cover deep losses.

That sounds like hard earned wisdom....  Thanks.  I will take your advice.  I do not have the funds to cover even shallow losses....   :)

2 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

That sounds like hard earned wisdom....  Thanks.  I will take your advice.  I do not have the funds to cover even shallow losses....   :)

Yep, it's asymmetric returns. Longs are limited in losses but potentially unlimited in gains. Shorts are limited in gains but potentially unlimited in losses. 

1 hour ago, Graine said:

Your post was interesting until this line. Unless you meant Ripple the company, or RC Cloud suite (which is xCurrent based) or xCurrent. 
xRapid is the only solution that requires the use of XRP. 

Are you the guy that sold at $1.2+? Good call. 
How do you protect your short position, if you are on margin, that is. But if you're not, why call a simple sale a 'short'?

Graine, what are your thoughts on XRP's longer term potential as an investment? Curious, you seem thoughtful, and half your posts are over my head, i can't get handle on where you see XRP going...

26 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

Graine, what are your thoughts on XRP's longer term potential as an investment?

I can't predict the future, sadly. But one thing is certain - XRP is incredibly costly to hold opportunity-wise. 
But, like most of you, I hope for the moon. Maybe, even more than most. 

10 minutes ago, Graine said:

I can't predict the future, sadly. But one thing is certain - XRP is incredibly costly to hold opportunity-wise. 

well, the Ripple business case makes it clear XRP is a long term hold to moon, presumably thats why you bought...but yeah, the short, even mid-term, opportunity cost is huge.

thanks for your response.

59 minutes ago, Graine said:

I think you have to offset opportunity cost somewhat with "missed-a-bullet savings".

Many of the people I know who were laughing and delighted in their day trading or holding efforts in 2017 went underwater in the bear market.  Some were victims of scams and hacks.  One bloke lost the equivalent of a nice house worth or funds in a hack.

So it is easy and tempting to watch other coins rise and think 'there but for XRP go I '.....   while forgetting that by being in that other area you are exposed to a number of risks as well as the opportunities.

I believe I understand your position Graine,  having seen your posts over a significant period, so I know you are not unaware of any of the above,  and that you do understand the massive potential we are sitting on....   so let's hope it pays off for us all.    :JC_doubleup: