panmores

Ripple Scrutinized Over XRP at U.K. Parliament Hearing

18 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

20 hours ago, XRPablo said:

Martin Wanlker's negativity was so obvious.

Edited for accuracy.:hi::hi:

Martin ******'s negativity was so obvious.

edited for accuracy? :P

ok mr censor... no l then

Edited by fiik

Very Funny.

I wanted to know a little more about this skeptic guy Martin Walker. So I go to the homepage of the Center for Evidence-Based Management ( https://www.cebma.org ). I click on the first tweet that appears on the feed on the top.

“Evidence-based mediums and spiritual guides - OMG, Say WHAT? https://t.co/CAOxfEOpfh

nuff said

image.thumb.png.c077200b8c73a57316719694a40f05d0.pngnuff said

Edited by naphta

33 minutes ago, panmores said:

Interested to know what you think about the discussion:

33 minutes ago, panmores said:

Interested to know what you think about the discussion:

Thanks. I must have missed that thread.

Mods, please feel free to delete this topic.

@panmores I'll add my thoughts to the discussion in that thread in itself. 

A bit late to the party but just scanned through the video and the point where Walker was killing it for me was when he got asked about what Blockchain holds for the financial industry. His reply was "nothing to literally zero". Ryan had to keep his **** together and only giggled into himself on that punchline. I nearly spit my tea on the monitor. Such a troll. I don't know but there was a ******* demonstration on Japanese TV in which money got transferred between countries within seconds. *Mic drop*

This is my take on the Parliamentary Committee Treasury hearing - this was an ambush (on Martin Walker) and lovely to watch. It was obvious that the committee was well briefed on crypto and blockchain when compared to the average Joe on the street. I think they were better briefed than our cousins over the pond whose loyalties lie with their donors. It is my belief that Ripple had prepared comprehensive briefing material as they have the resources to do so and were very professional about it. I reckon the material they submitted to the committee was top notch. The reason I say this is that the questions that were asked and the refuting of Martin Walker's comments (and giving Ryan Zagone a chance for rebuttal), showed a higher understanding of blockchain than I was expecting. I think that they invited Martin Walker fully knowing that he is anti-blockchain and did this as a token gesture for the sake of having a devils advocate and so that it wouldn't seem blatantly one-sided. I would say 90% of the questions supported blockchain in a positive way. Having Martin Walker on, gave the other experts a chance to counter those commonly against blockchain (represented by Mr Walker). I saw this whole session as a pro Blockcain event. It even gave Ryan a chance to name drop the Bank of England into the hearing, which gave strength to Ripple as they are working with the regulators and national institutions that will ultimately be setting national legislation and eventually help shape international regulations.

By the way, I thought I knew a lot about Ripple and XRP, but I was put back in my place (amateur), when Ryan said that XRP was not created by Ripple Labs, but gifted by the original founders/programmers/inventors. All this time, I thought XRP was invented by Ripple Labs. Goes to show you can learn something everyday.

as an Englishman myself I have to say god almighty this was painful. The most lacklustre group of panelists ever, except the American from Ripple, who understandably looked bored out of his mind for much of it. This martin guy was awful and just wrong about a ton of things. Lumping the majority of blockchain users and companies under the umbrella 'bad' from the offset, what a POS. I am worried about the future of blockchain in my country if these are our best advocates, it was actually the politicians who were way more positive about the tech and they are supposed to be the sceptics!

14 minutes ago, Robbieboy said:

as an Englishman myself I have to say god almighty this was painful. The most lacklustre group of panelists ever, except the American from Ripple, who understandably looked bored out of his mind for much of it. This martin guy was awful and just wrong about a ton of things. Lumping the majority of blockchain users and companies under the umbrella 'bad' from the offset, what a POS. I am worried about the future of blockchain in my country if these are our best advocates, it was actually the politicians who were way more positive about the tech and they are supposed to be the sceptics!

Martin never should have sat on that panel if there was anything like proper vetting.