Ripple-Stiltskin

Cap on XRP’s bullrun ?

My (little) theory is that a bullrun of XRP will be capped by the market cap of BTC. 

The assumption here is that BTC whales are very powerfull ( influencing the market directly and also behind the curtains) and will prevent XRP to rise higher than the #2 position. They will do everything in their power to prevent XRP reaching #1. As long as there will be no mega mega announcement ( e.g. partnership Amazon) or real substantial usage ( which impacts the price), the BTC whales are in charge. 

So atm MC of XRP is ~27B and BTC is at ~131B .  This gives room for a ~5 fold rise of XRP’s price, say to around $4. But no more. 

For a bullrun of 1000% , BTC needs to double (or XRP needs to dip 50%). 

Thoughts? 

Makes sense.

A lot of volume will be needed to knock BTC out of the way.

It will happen no doubt.

There is just so much stuff cooking behind the scenes, that we have no idea of.

My view, Amazon is working with Ripple right now.

Ripple are not in to hype.

They just work and work, to make their vision happen.

Edited by Superman

7 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I’m convinced it will ! But until developments put BTC whales out of order I think the #2 position is the max.  

During the last run coinmarketcap pulled all the data from Korean exchanges without telling anyone. This caused a panic and dropped XRP back below ETHs market cap. 

Definitely think others will give their try at manipulation to keep BTC at #1. In the long run XRP will win, in the short term who knows.

54 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

My (little) theory is that a bullrun of XRP will be capped by the market cap of BTC. 

The assumption here is that BTC whales are very powerfull ( influencing the market directly and also behind the curtains) and will prevent XRP to rise higher than the #2 position. They will do everything in their power to prevent XRP reaching #1. As long as there will be no mega mega announcement ( e.g. partnership Amazon) or real substantial usage ( which impacts the price), the BTC whales are in charge. 

So atm MC of XRP is ~27B and BTC is at ~131B .  This gives room for a ~5 fold rise of XRP’s price, say to around $4. But no more. 

Thoughts? 

Now here is a fellow with both eyes open.

1 hour ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Thoughts? 

I think the crypto ecosystem can be largely incestuous and as long as the "investors" keep feeding and biting each other, this could be the status quo. BTC remains the chief native currency pairing for most XRP buys and that alone will drive continued BTC volume and price.  I think you're spot on.

Although I think for a market to exist in speculation alone, that can take XRP to $4, BTC will again be flirting with $15-20k. so that raises the ceiling some.

However I think once big money trickles in and actual adoption takes place, the whales will play a smaller and smaller role as they get out numbered. 

the number of XRP required to be a one percenter has dropped considerably and this tells me there is a larger pool of "larger" investors. Instead of one guy HODL'ing 1 million XRP it's now 10 holding 100k each and they may not know each other or be whales looking to collude. 

Short term, I agree with you. I think outliers could exist and my hope is that the entire ecosystem moons together until massive adoption takes XRP on it's solo ride to Mars.

2 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

However I think once big money trickles in and actual adoption takes place, the whales will play a smaller and smaller role as they get out numbered

That’s my hope too! But I don’t underestimate politics and some bribing here and there behind the curtains ( paying exchanges for NOT listing XRP?? ). 

It’s a sick manipulative “ecosystem” until now.. 

Just now, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

That’s my hope too! But I don’t underestimate politics and some bribing here and there behind the curtains ( paying exchanges for NOT listing XRP?? ). 

It’s a sick manipulative “ecosystem” until now.. 

Totally agree and some of that will exist forever, I think. 

@Ripple-Stiltskin
I am the Peacemaker. I think BTC and XRP will co-exist as leaders in the DA market, but on different terms.
My only worry is that the Die Hard BTC community does not like that. But they might have adjust a bit,  how they think.
And they have. (Unofficially of course).

They started the Game and wrote all the rules. Time goes by. New Players enter. Rules change.
The Game is changing. Still wanna play? Adopt to Change.
I have high hopes for both of them.

My 2 Zerps, brother.

Edited by zenkert

One of my acquaintances is running a BTC mining pool. Nothing of significance, it is a relatively small one but he has been in the business for almost 3 years now. He confessed to me few months ago that he’s been converting all his profits to XRP since last August. When I asked why would he still run a BTC pool if he does not believe in BTC enough to keep the money in BTC the answer was brilliant - “business is business, one doesn’t need to believe in Santa to run a toy store”.

I am saying this because I know for a fact that this guy is perceived as a hard-core bitcoin maximalist by his partners and clients. 

Just my few zerps.

1 hour ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Thoughts? 

We will have our 10$ xrp price tag by mid-June. 3rd wave is loading, it still has 7 weeks (+/- 1) to go. BTC whales can only suppress BTC prices unless they want to get burnt by shorting XRP in open exchanges. 

46 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

the number of XRP required to be a one percenter has dropped considerably and this tells me there is a larger pool of "larger" investors. Instead of one guy HODL'ing 1 million XRP it's now 10 holding 100k each and they may not know each other or be whales looking to collude. 

I have been thinking about this recently and what confuses me is that according to ledger.exposed just 100 accounts hold 80% of XRP. I do realise there are exchanges and huge partners like SBI but still, the percentage is insane.

There could be (and most probably are) whales.