NightJanitor

Garlinghouse @ Harvard Club SF (April 25th, 2018) VIDEO

My favorite part was his thought experiment about "Why do people get only get paid every two weeks?  Why not once a day or something?"  And then tying that into the positive benefits, that companies see with contractors and employees, when payment schedules are more granular.  It may sound silly or science fiction, but it's now technically possible with XRP, and it has some really profound implications.  The ability to take both time and amount and divide them, both, at will, due to de minimis (read: so cheap as to be negligible) transaction fees, down into "crazy" concepts like pay-per-second (or hour or day) - due to the ability to do cheap microtransactions (fractional pennies up to whole dollars) - is a really under-explored aspect of the utility of XRP.

Now, I know they are laser-focused on solving the bigger cross-border problem, but there's no reason that others couldn't start developing some really novel businesses using the XRP ledger.

This is like crazy, fundamental-level disruption capability.  And it's all really there!

21 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

This is like crazy, fundamental-level disruption capability.  And it's all really there!

Sorry...   Your post was the one I hit my likes limit.   :( 

But I agree the change that's coming will have implications we cannot see yet.  Exciting times ahead for us all.

9 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Sorry...   Your post was the one I hit my likes limit.   :( 

But I agree the change that's coming will have implications we cannot see yet.  Exciting times ahead for us all.

No problem.  But, yes, now that you mention it, when Chris got hit at that Google demo with the "How would this affect something like payday lending?" question, I now can see EXACTLY how that question can be answered.  There's no reason to write a week or two post-dated check and hand it over as collateral if you're only doing that because you're on a 2 week or a monthly pay schedule and have already earned the money, but just haven't been paid, yet, due to technological constraint which XRP's technology can alleviate. :)

Edited by NightJanitor
Eureka Moment