Sign in to follow this  
johnlogan

EOS vs XRP

7 hours ago, johnlogan said:

EOS is now going on $23 up from $18 yr day. If you love to get rich quick EOS is for you. If you love to be in red for ages XRP is a safe bet. 

You used to be fun.

Now I only see you bashing XRP. Just sell it all already and move on.

People just need to decide what their strategy is and stick to it. If you want to be a trader then go for it. If you want to HODL then do it. 

Hate when people buy some XRP and then come to this forum and claim that theyre going to HODL for 2-3 years, then after a couple months are complaining its a scam and their friends cousins sister heard about someone who made a bunch of money from flipping sh*tcoins.

Those seem to be the same people who get burned big time when the real move happens. There were so many people in Dec after the price broke above .30 claiming that XRP will fall back like it always does, wait for the dip, dont FOMO. Then they were same people buying above $1 and now slam XRP for being a sh*tcoin.

And I love how 1/2 the coins out there claim to be the "ethereum killer." Its EOS, no wait its ADA, no wait its NEO, no wait its TRX, no wait its XEM, no wait.........

4 hours ago, Gaet said:

You used to be fun.

Now I only see you bashing XRP. Just sell it all already and move on.

Did you interpret OP post as XRP bashing? I don’t see it that way. Either way exciting times a head. Looking forward to some nice returns ?

BDF4CB2E-B928-4EF2-9087-C713078BE208.jpeg

15 hours ago, bachmanity said:

People just need to decide what their strategy is and stick to it. If you want to be a trader then go for it. If you want to HODL then do it. 

Hate when people buy some XRP and then come to this forum and claim that theyre going to HODL for 2-3 years, then after a couple months are complaining its a scam and their friends cousins sister heard about someone who made a bunch of money from flipping sh*tcoins.

Those seem to be the same people who get burned big time when the real move happens..........

I’ve gone the other way round.

Started asa trader, now a HODLer.

It is easier that way and more relaxing!

On 4/29/2018 at 8:15 AM, johnlogan said:

EOS is now going on $23 up from $18 yr day. If you love to get rich quick EOS is for you. If you love to be in red for ages XRP is a safe bet. 

Can you elaborate on this a bit more please.  Are you using the technicals or fundamentals?  I haven't had a chance to check but what is the price now?

On April 29, 2018 at 3:15 AM, johnlogan said:

EOS is growing too fast and thus highly risky. Check it out today - biggest loser by far.

Since this is an XRP vs * discussion, I'll give you my picks for possible candidates to invest in. My plan is to hold about 50% in XRP (instead of like 90%) to mitigate risk and to try to get in on the price action before things really move up... Then return with hopefully some gains to put back into XRP.

Would be happy to hear any thoughts on pros/cons of any of these coins from a short-term investment perspective:

Wabi
PivX
Groestlecoin
Wanchain
Neo
Tethos
Presearch
aelf
Mithrill

Ontology
Tron

As for Tron, I consider this one highly risky. I truly think that Tron has nothing fundamental to offer and considering all their past controversy (white paper forging, etc), I don't have confidence in their future. That being said, look at their price over the past month - steady up. And now they site at #9 - truly a dark horse.

Wanchain looks like the biggest Ripple competitor and could possibly do a moonshot this year which would see gains similar to what Ripple did in 2017. I would consider this one to have huge upside potential and minimal risk (for a crypto, lol). 

Mithrill, aelf and Ontology have massive volumes but have already done huge moonshots so we may have missed the boat. But whenever I think that, there's another huge uptick. Not sure about these and still consider them highly risky and potential huge upside or downside.

The others are just ones I found around the net as favoured underdogs. 

image.png

42 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

Since this is an XRP vs * discussion, I'll give you my picks for possible candidates to invest in. My plan is to hold about 50% in XRP (instead of like 90%) to mitigate risk and to try to get in on the price action before things really move up... Then return with hopefully some gains to put back into XRP.

Would be happy to hear any thoughts on pros/cons of any of these coins from a short-term investment perspective:

Wabi
PivX
Groestlecoin
Wanchain
Neo
Tethos
Presearch
aelf
Mithrill

Ontology
Tron

As for Tron, I consider this one highly risky. I truly think that Tron has nothing fundamental to offer and considering all their past controversy (white paper forging, etc), I don't have confidence in their future. That being said, look at their price over the past month - steady up. And now they site at #9 - truly a dark horse.

Wanchain looks like the biggest Ripple competitor and could possibly do a moonshot this year which would see gains similar to what Ripple did in 2017. I would consider this one to have huge upside potential and minimal risk (for a crypto, lol). 

Mithrill, aelf and Ontology have massive volumes but have already done huge moonshots so we may have missed the boat. But whenever I think that, there's another huge uptick. Not sure about these and still consider them highly risky and potential huge upside or downside.

The others are just ones I found around the net as favoured underdogs. 

image.png

Wanchain has been significantly hyped since ICO stages, including by people like Ian Balina. He seems to compare it to other ICO's like ICON and Dragonchain in terms of offering a potential for 100 x returns.

I should have bought some earlier, and am now not sure whether I've missed the boat, or whether there will be a further dip for me to get in. Actually, I wasn't even aware the token had been released til it had formed a cup on the charts. Since then it's done well and gone up a fair bit.

12 hours ago, lucid99 said:

EOS is growing too fast and thus highly risky. Check it out today - biggest loser by far.

And still falling.

I personally think it is completely overvalued and is just a pipedream. Remember this isn’t even a coin, it’s an Ethereum Token.

What they are talking about creating is something Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM offer already. I just can’t see it competing.

It’s rather like SIACoin, which is supposed to be about cloud storage, but the valuations for it, bearing in mind it is just delivering 2 PetaBytes are ludicrous- I.e almost $1Bn Making  even top notch Enterprise storage look cheap.

1 hour ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

And still falling.

I personally think it is completely overvalued and is just a pipedream. Remember this isn’t even a coin, it’s an Ethereum Token.

What they are talking about creating is something Amazon, Google, Microsoft and IBM offer already. I just can’t see it competing.

It’s rather like SIACoin, which is supposed to be about cloud storage, but the valuations for it, bearing in mind it is just delivering 2 PetaBytes are ludicrous- I.e almost $1Bn Making  even top notch Enterprise storage look cheap.

Good call on Bitcoin Private so far - one of the few going up today.

On 4/28/2018 at 4:23 AM, johnlogan said:

My friend bought EOS March 22nd and sold it today. He made enough to buy two cars, a house and will mortgage free in just one investment. My XRP is in RED. Anyone holding EOS?

My (hypothetical) friend bought XRP Dec 07 and sold Jan 05. He made enough to buy 4 cars, and two houses and will be mortgage free in just one investment. 

It's all relative dude, and there a bunch XRP success stories you don't hear about. EOS had a solid run recently, but good things don't last forever. If you believe in XRP,  hold on for the next takeoff. 

Edited by nav

Sign in to follow this