Sign in to follow this  
johnlogan

EOS vs XRP

5 minutes ago, Raz said:

All I want to say is can we please have some tact when talking about investing. Everyone is in a different stage in life. Surely we have friends we can speak to about our monetary success. This isn’t a bragging board. Just be considerate and of course talk about investing in crypto, just keep the exact dollar figure private so we all can celebrate our own success and cheer each other along. Just politely asking for everyone to consider this perspective.

Thanks for this - and totally agree. If you made good money then great - be humble and accept that all good fortune has elements of luck.

2 hours ago, Deeznutz said:

Stop telling people how much you own, y’all. Maybe it’s because I’m old, but younger people share WAY too much info online. Some dude in one of the ‘Istans’ is salivating right now. 

Plus, when you casually mention your 500k Zerps, I feel like a loser. I can just log into Facebook if I want to do that.

Financial wealth is not a representation of success or happiness. Also another person's success does not define your failure. So no reason to feel like a loser when someone else is doing better at some aspects in life.

Januarys ATH was not representative of the value of XRP.

Unfortunately, people have forgotten the hype around XRP at the time and just see it has fallen from $3.40 ish to where we are today.

The Coinbase rumour and all the media attention in December and early January which created FOMO is really hurting XRP now. 

59 minutes ago, popeji said:

Financial wealth is not a representation of success or happiness. Also another person's success does not define your failure. So no reason to feel like a loser when someone else is doing better at some aspects in life.

Thanks for the kind words popeji and you’re right. I was being facetious. I just think disclosing one’s coins is pointless at best and they’ve just painted a target on their back at worst.

Eos and ada both at this point are hype without much backing them up besides theory. 

For a real ethereum killer kmd has the better shot still under most peoples radar but has achieved 20k txs more atomic swaps than every other coin put together barterdex growing as a decentralised exchange jumblr to add privacy to all coins the lead dev is the creator behind child chains etc and a lot of the innovation other chains are copying. They have already done what eos is promising to do at some point in the future.

As for xrp may happen today maybe tomorrow maybe a year from now. But its so far ahead of other cryptos and projects in financial side that its a pretty much sure thing to grow a hell of a lot bigger from here

29 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

XRP requires too much volume it just wont move like it used to imo.

This attitude is failing to see the bigger picture.  It's not about which coin goes up the most % this week/month/year.  It's about which coins eventually go to zero which will be most of them.  XRP is the safe bet in the long run and has an infinitely higher % ROI than anything in the stock market at the moment.  You should be comparing XRP to things like TESLA stocks or the FTSE100, not some random coin which probably won't exist next year.

Edited by Guest

The other day I saw someone's portfolio. Very kind of him. This guy has been all over it investing in this and that, joining forums and discussion groups and getting advice from experts. He is clever and dedicated (smart guy). He is also in EOS. We co-incidentally invested about the same amount about the same time. He is nearly 3 x up. I have pretty much just bought XRP (with a bit of trading BTC) and am 5 x up. Whilst I think my Hodl strategy was a bit of a mistake and I should have sold 1/3rd at what was obviously the top, it seems (so far) to beat chasing around after other coins. 

The best strategy is to find a cheap coin with a great story to tell. EOS clearly has been that. Whether, at the end of the day, it is just another science experiment, we will see. 

XRP is destined to cover a whole lot of use cases and I think it will eventually suck up most of the oxygen in the room. The size of it, which creates inertia now, will ensure momentum in the future. 

25 minutes ago, johnlogan said:

EOS is now going on $23 up from $18 yr day. If you love to get rich quick EOS is for you. If you love to be in red for ages XRP is a safe bet. 

Not really, you have to spend an incredible amount to get rich from EOS now. Think about it, it's already relatively expensive, buying in now would require it to be worth hundreds or thousands of dollars before you can cash out and make a considerable amount. Even if you bought it at like $8, it's worth $23 now, that's not that much of an increase is it? That's 290%, in the crypto market that's nothing, XRP was the best performing asset last year and I think it could be again this year at some point.

You're just saying this because EOS is doing well recently and you're experiencing FOMO. XRP will have its turn.

30 minutes ago, JordanC said:

Not really, you have to spend an incredible amount to get rich from EOS now. Think about it, it's already relatively expensive, buying in now would require it to be worth hundreds or thousands of dollars before you can cash out and make a considerable amount. Even if you bought it at like $8, it's worth $23 now, that's not that much of an increase is it? That's 290%, in the crypto market that's nothing, XRP was the best performing asset last year and I think it could be again this year at some point.

You're just saying this because EOS is doing well recently and you're experiencing FOMO. XRP will have its turn.

Great post ? however a small 290% return would taste pretty sweet right about now. I read on another forum holders are getting ready to dump EOS. Let’s see how it goes. 

1 hour ago, johnlogan said:

EOS is really mooning, its past $23 in just seconds! XLM is also doing real good. Good job for those holding those coins, smart move. 

I split my stash between XLM and Ripple when things were at the bottom. It's helped as XLM is about 150% up while XRP is under still %100 from a month ago. There are so many coins that have done more than %100 at this point and it's annoying to think I could be very green had I moved to another coin. Instead, I'm still very red. So I'm not sure what to make of XRP right now but we're basically in the same boat as Bitcoin and Ethereum. 

All that being said, consider this: If the gains across the market continue, eventually the word gets around and eventually Bitcoin will make another run. When that happens, mainstream media will be all over it and new investors come in. Then, when the market finally goes parabolic and everything shoots up, Ripple will probably ride one of the higher waves because the mainstream buyers will come in and choose the top 5 coins - and Ripple is perceived as cheap so people will jump on it. Just my $.02 

Edited by lucid99

27 minutes ago, XRPwillfailby2020 said:

Great post ? however a small 290% return would taste pretty sweet right about now. I read on another forum holders are getting ready to dump EOS. Let’s see how it goes. 

Yeah I agree, 290% would be awesome, but I guess I'm just thinking that EOS could potentially dump after the mainnet launch where as if we shoot up by X%, I don't think we would dump afterwards. I could be wrong, I'm just hoping that we will go up soon and we will stay there :) 

4 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

With all that said ELF is up another 20% since intraday.

Yay yay yay!!

XRP requires too much volume it just wont move like it used to imo.

You tried to play it right, but you became too obvious. Placing you on ignore.

Sign in to follow this