Sign in to follow this  
johnlogan

EOS vs XRP

2 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

AELF and has been great for me as has Mithril.

Xrp is like a bond. I dont expect huge runs its too big to move. Last week it took 1.8 billion to move it 16%.

AELF moves that in a night like nothing. EOS has been great as well.

Like it or not XRP is a big coin now. Huge runs imo are in its past. I believe it is safe and there will not be a scandal or black aheep event like you hear in other coins periodically.

Yes, you're right that XRP is a safe bet (in the context of crypto investing).  However, XRP needs to 3x (300%!) just to get back to its previous ATH from its current price - a 3x for a safe bet to get back to its ATH when xRapid isn't even live yet is an unbelievable opportunity to make SERIOUS money IF - and here's the big IF - you can buy yourself a big tall stack of XRPs.   Someone holding 1000XRP and thinking it's going to be $589 at the end of the year - well, we can all dream, but the real deal is to throw a ton of money at XRP and take an x5 or x10, selling in 10% increments on the way up.   All down to personal finances and if that's possible or not.

And I really don't think huge runs are a thing of the past with XRP - forget market cap...I personally don't think it will go to something like $100, but $10 to $20 is very very possible, perhaps probable with XRP.  I know some people might take offence at that (given it's a relatively low estimate), but that's a HELL of a return for a relatively safe bet.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

26 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Yes, you're right that XRP is a safe bet (in the context of crypto investing).  However, XRP needs to 3x (300%!) just to get back to its previous ATH from its current price - a 3x for a safe bet to get back to its ATH when xRapid isn't even live yet is an unbelievable opportunity to make SERIOUS money IF - and here's the big IF - you can buy yourself a big tall stack of XRPs.   Someone holding 1000XRP and thinking it's going to be $589 at the end of the year - well, we can all dream, but the real deal is to throw a ton of money at XRP and take an x5 or x10, selling in 10% increments on the way up.   All down to personal finances and if that's possible or not.

And I really don't think huge runs are a thing of the past with XRP - forget market cap...I personally don't think it will go to something like $100, but $10 to $20 is very very possible, perhaps probable with XRP.  I know some people might take offence at that (given it's a relatively low estimate), but that's a HELL of a return for a relatively safe bet.

Low cap coins like AELF, Mithril, even EOS that are up 200%-600% in the last month move much easier than XRP and will continue too.

XRP is too big takes too much money to move it.

Most of my holdings are xrp 41k coins. Only hold 11k Aelf and 6k Mithril.

From a return perspective since the big dip xrp is up 70%, Aelf 190%, Mithril 410%.

Edited by Mods_are_tyrants

8 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Low cap coins like AELF, Mithril, even EOS that are up 200%-600% in the last month move much easier than XRP and will continue too.

XRP is too big takes too much money to move it.

Most of my holdings are xrp 41k coins. Only hold 11k Aelf and 6k Mithril.

From a return perspective since the big dip xrp is up 70%, Aelf 190%, Mithril 410%.

Fair play to you.  We all have different strategies.  For me,  I am keeping it simple this 2nd time around for me - XRP all the way.  I feel like if I buy another 1000 XRP each time, it's (in my mind) like getting another free $2000 or so.  I know that it's "wrong" to see something as a sure bet, but to hell with it - I see XRP as a sure bet.  But you're right too - because I'm saying that other coins are higher risk, so you get a higher reward if they work out. 

Bought a small amount when they released and have held since, saw initial pump towards 7$ ish and thought wow until it was almost immediately dumped and forgot about them.

A nice surprise to see the charts of recent. Any insight in to what's going on?

Just a PSA: I would be careful entering a position into EOS right now - it's insanely overbought. RSI is pushing close to 90 on the daily

Last time it was this overextended in January, it went from $18.75 to $7.50 in a few days.

Market conditions are different than January, but the downside of FOMO'ing in now is massive compared to potential upside.

11 hours ago, johnlogan said:

My friend bought EOS March 22nd and sold it today. He made enough to buy two cars, a house and will mortgage free in just one investment. My XRP is in RED. Anyone holding EOS?

Reminds me I made a post about allocating across RaiBlocks (NANO) vs XRP because I saw it as a new crypto that might disrupt the space.  NANO was priced maybe $0.50 more than XRP at the time and I thought it would interest XRP holders.  I was told nah nah, 100% XRP and NANO has no parterships and no use case.  I had bought it at under $2 and sold from $34 down to $25 and made over $150K.  It was like a XRP wet dream to go from $2 to $30+ but it happened in a matter of weeks.  

Also bought in on EOS at $5.  I wish I'd bought more.  Some people in here treat XRP  like it's a religion and are really losing out of money when opportunities arise.  

I like this kind of talk - I remember the feeling I had just before the last big run-up by XRP.  I was thinking the exact same thing - "wow, look at the big gains in all those other coins, maybe I should get into some of them..."

Long story short, I didn't sell, maybe I should have taken some profits at the ATH, but I'm still happy to be hodling, and am easygoing about sticking with my main choice. I feel confident that XRP will take it's turn soon, and the previous ATH will look like child's play ;)

Edited by GiddyUp
sp

53 minutes ago, fatlever said:

Reminds me I made a post about allocating across RaiBlocks (NANO) vs XRP because I saw it as a new crypto that might disrupt the space.  NANO was priced maybe $0.50 more than XRP at the time and I thought it would interest XRP holders.  I was told nah nah, 100% XRP and NANO has no parterships and no use case.  I had bought it at under $2 and sold from $34 down to $25 and made over $150K.  It was like a XRP wet dream to go from $2 to $30+ but it happened in a matter of weeks.  

Also bought in on EOS at $5.  I wish I'd bought more.  Some people in here treat XRP  like it's a religion and are really losing out of money when opportunities arise.  

The problem is XRP will never garner the longterm dare I say "crypto love" that other coins will because of the market it garners too. That is my opinion, but that same market is what will make it successful longterm as well. 

The 2nd problem is it is a freaking Titanic to move needing insane volume for just 10-15% moves that smaller cap coins move with a few million in volume. 

I was blown away to see Stellar at .42 and XRP is only at .87 sorta nuts and shows how XRP is not a loved coin.

40 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

I like this kind of talk - I remember the feeling I had just before the last big run-up by XRP.  I was thinking the exact same thing - "wow, look at the big gains in all those other coins, maybe I should get into some of them..."

Long story short, I didn't sell, maybe I should have taken some profits at the ATH, but I'm still happy to be hodling, and am easygoing about sticking with my main choice. I feel confident that XRP will take it's turn soon, and the previous ATH will look like child's play ;)

Hasn't happening yet and has been a laggard, but lets hope you are right.

12 hours ago, johnlogan said:

My friend bought EOS March 22nd and sold it today. He made enough to buy two cars, a house and will mortgage free in just one investment. My XRP is in RED. Anyone holding EOS?

where does he live? definitely couldn't do that in california unless he went balls deep initially.

Edited by invest2lose

1 hour ago, invest2lose said:

where does he live? definitely couldn't do that in california unless he went balls deep initially.

Agreed since 3/22 that is a 300% gain he would have had to dump at least 150k to make that kind of money, so imo he was wealthy already. Not many people have 150k liquid to play around with in crypto.

I don't!! The almost 50k I have stresses me out enough lol I can't imagine playing with 150k++

Stop telling people how much you own, y’all. Maybe it’s because I’m old, but younger people share WAY too much info online. Some dude in one of the ‘Istans’ is salivating right now. 

Plus, when you casually mention your 500k Zerps, I feel like a loser. I can just log into Facebook if I want to do that.

Guest Ripplista79
5 hours ago, fatlever said:

OMG.  OMFG. WOW.

All I want to say is can we please have some tact when talking about investing. Everyone is in a different stage in life. Surely we have friends we can speak to about our monetary success. This isn’t a bragging board. Just be considerate and of course talk about investing in crypto, just keep the exact dollar figure private so we all can celebrate our own success and cheer each other along. Just politely asking for everyone to consider this perspective.

Sign in to follow this