Is anyone raffling off an all-expense paid trip to the XRP appreciation event in New York? Some of us XRP foot soldiers may have the time to rub elbows in the expansive and increasingly successful ecosystem. Just saying...

So I am confused....Alex is selling items using the Ripple Logo

This to me seems like a big problem...this is a trademark violation

Unless Alex has written permission from Ripple to use the Ripple Logo

AUTHORIZED USE OF RIPPLE TRADEMARKS

1.     Ripple Logos:  Only Ripple and its authorized licensees may use Ripple logos, word marks, and graphic symbols (including the Ripple mark) in advertising, promotional and sales materials.  If you are authorized to use Ripple logos in your agreement with Ripple then you must use the Ripple logos only as specified in your agreement (and any associated usage terms) and such use must always include appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by your agreement (e.g., integrator, service provider, licensee, etc.). You should not use Ripple logos, marks and images you may have found elsewhere on the web.

Amazon has booted 90% of sellers so far that were trying to sell T shirts and hats etc...he needs to be careful as this can be a nasty path to go down trying to make a few bucks

Awesome @Hodor.  It's really great to have a community like y'all that will take complicated information like this and make it easier and quicker for the rest of us to absorb.

Do you think Brad and Cory red the xrpchat discussion on Metcalf's law?

Edited by Kalarie
Metcalf

1 hour ago, mm34505 said:

1.     Ripple Logos:  Only Ripple and its authorized licensees may use Ripple logos, word marks, and graphic symbols (including the Ripple mark) in advertising, promotional and sales materials.  If you are authorized to use Ripple logos in your agreement with Ripple then you must use the Ripple logos only as specified in your agreement (and any associated usage terms) and such use must always include appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by your agreement (e.g., integrator, service provider, licensee, etc.). You should not use Ripple logos, marks and images you may have found elsewhere on the web.

Amazon has booted 90% of sellers so far that were trying to sell T shirts and hats etc...he needs to be careful as this can be a nasty path to go down trying to make a few bucks

ye thats my thought whenever i see these products in any store

1 hour ago, Hodlezerper said:

Should this not read "XRP has the liquidity to replace nostro/vostro" rather than "Ripple has the liquidity..."

Yes it should!  Changed and republished. 

We need to be careful about differentiating between these two. 

1 hour ago, mm34505 said:

From what I've seen, the designs are very creative, but yes, online retailers should get a 'head-nod" from somebody at Ripple to bless it. 

I think they gave the Digital Ledger permission not too long ago, so I don't think it's going to be a problem.  He may have already secured permission?  @AlexCobb

26 minutes ago, Kalarie said:

Do you think Brad and Cory red the xrpchat discussion on Metcalf's law?

Maybe? 

I've been pleasantly surprised by how cerebral all of the Ripple team members are.  They could have perused the topic I suppose.  :JC_thinking:

2 hours ago, mm34505 said:

You have a good point valid for anyone selling merchandise of any sort really...  why are you confused though if you don't even know if he has permission?  For all we know he might have written permission.

6 minutes ago, sime990 said:

You have a good point valid for anyone selling merchandise of any sort really...  why are you confused though if you don't even know if he has permission?  For all we know he might have written permission.

He stated in his video he does not have permission and that he thinks it’s okay to sell the items since he didn’t change the brand 

15 minutes ago, mm34505 said:

He stated in his video he does not have permission and that he thinks it’s okay to sell the items since he didn’t change the brand 

Fair point - in that case @AlexCobb it would be wise to seek permission before asking for forgiveness in this case!