Ripple Grows Its Global Payments Network With Five New xVia Customers

Ripple Grows Its Global Payments Network

Ripple, the enterprise blockchain solution for global payments, is announcing that five new customers across Europe and Asia - FairFX(U.K.), RationalFX (U.K.), Exchange4Free (U.K.), UniPAY(Georgia), and MoneyMatch(Malaysia) - will use xVia to power frictionless payments over RippleNet.

FairFX is a leading international payment services provider to the retail and corporate segments of the UK market, which combined is estimated to be worth £60 billion a year. The Company has a cloud-based peer-to-peer payments platform that enables personal and business customers to make low-cost multicurrency payments in a broad range of currencies and across a range of FX products, all via one integrated system.

The FairFX platform facilitates payments either direct to Bank Accounts or at 30 million merchants and over 1 million ATM’s in a broad range of countries globally via Mobile apps, the Internet, SMS, wire transfer and Mastercard/VISA debit cards.

http://www.fairfxplc.com/

RationalFX.JPG

Edited by LongRun

Sorry guys, I don't understand the significance of this finding.
I see xCurrent adoption is the first step in the direction of using XRP (xRapid).
What does this announcement mean in using XRP viewpoint?

Could you explain me, please?

1 minute ago, jlr said:

Sorry guys, I don't understand the significance of this finding.
I see xCurrent adoption is the first step in the direction of using XRP (xRapid).
What does this announcement mean in using XRP viewpoint?

Could you explain me, please?

Brad on CoryTV just described it as an API wrapper for both xCurrent and xRapid functionality e.g. requiring no on-prem support/integration with legacy systems.

26 minutes ago, MisterRipple said:

Does Xvia uses XRP?

Yes, it can do, not certain if its always needed though, not too sure on the entire end to end xVia process.

The clue is here:  https://ripple.com/solutions/send-payments/

CAPITAL EFFICIENCY

Free up capital sitting idle in foreign currency transaction accounts with on-demand and real-time global payments.

Free-up capital is getting rid of nostro vostro accounts, aka XRP.

Edited by xrp-pat