Blockchained

Xrapid

9 hours ago, Blockchained said:

I heard Citibank , Bank of America, HSBC , Barclays, BNP , JP Morgan  and a bunch of others will start using Xrapid and XRP in the next few weeks.

Weird because this article states the opposite for HSBC.

https://ripplecoinnews.com/santander-and-hsbc-part-ways-in-choosing-between-ripple-and-swift-for-global-money-transfers

What slightly confuses me about all this testing is that, surely, testing xrapid takes just a few seconds. So they test it, and it works, and they test it again ... and it works again. Then they test it 1000 times and it works every time.

Yet still, they say they’re looking forward to “continued successful testing” ?

What else is there to test? Genuinely curious.

If a rich person came into my shop and tried on the same coat ten times a day, every day for months on end, each time admiring their reflection and telling me how much they liked it (yet still not buying it!) ... I’d assume that they weren’t serious.

Edited by JA8

1 hour ago, JA8 said:

What slightly confuses me about all this testing is that, surely, testing xrapid takes just a few seconds. So they test it, and it works, and they test it again ... and it works again. Then they test it 1000 times and it works every time.

If a rich person came into my shop and tried on the same coat ten times a day, every day for months on end, each time admiring their reflection and telling me how much they liked it (yet still not buying it!) ... I’d assume that they weren’t serious.

Testing is never that fast when software and computers are involved. Depending on the complexity of the system, it can take weeks or months to shake out all the bugs while testing different workflows.

I have been reading Don Tapscott's book. Moving the entire financial system to a new paradigm is quite a considerable task. A large chunks have to lurch forward at once. Or, as Chris Larsen says, they are building the plumbing infrastructure, but once those pipes are in place, there is going to be incredible velocity.  I personally thought the AMEX/LianLian Chinese licence was pretty huge and certainly one to watch. Again, Ripple can't announce anything without the approval of their partners, who might never announce what they are doing, especially if its back office stuff. Price is doing OK it seems. 

On 4/26/2018 at 12:53 PM, JA8 said:

They will no doubt have many test cases on their new improved systems to carry out before going into full production.  

Welcome to the world of E2E SIT/UAT which takes time.

On 4/26/2018 at 12:53 PM, JA8 said:

Although i’m sure XRapid works now, there will be numerous small bug fixes that need to be ironed out. Also, I imagine that for each client there will be slightly different variables.

I have no idea what these bugs are but it is  always better to have a “Rolls Royce” engine running in your car.

If you’re ever been on a website that doesn’t format properly, tried to fill in an online form but one box isn’t allowing you to submit what you want or had to unplug your tv then plug it back in because the screen has “frozen” then you might be able to understand better why it is still in Beta. (The examples given are intended as illustrations of the debugging issue only and not meant to represent the types of problems being resolved)

Ripple are just trying to iron out as many as possible before “roll-out”. 

Smart move if you ask me. 

Hope this helps.

Guest Ripplista79

testing=sandbox

Would you marry a girl after 3 good dates?

Guest Ripplista79

That is like asking how Hungus are you?