AlexCobb

Santander To Use xRapid Confirmed!

12 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

Just to play devil's advocate:

-If Corey DID misspeak and Santander isn't or doesn't plan to use Xrapid, Ripple would have to do exactly what they did which is clarify, then remove the video and repost an edited version.  If this were the case, Santander would be PIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSED since doing something like associating with a crypto could cause them all sorts of headaches if it's not planned and announced in a certain way.

-Wouldn't we see very obvious signs of a bank using xrapid if Santander is already using it?  Not saying they aren't planning to, but I feel like the volume would have received a very noticeable bump when they went live.  Has this happened and I just missed it?

Am I missing something or being a Debbie Downer?

I think that's why BG123 said in that riddle "Listen".

I know we’re all skeptical in here guys but, in this case; after reviewing the video, the subsequent editing, and the situation overall, I believe it’s true. Here’s my reasoning:

Let’s look at the known fact first:

They edited the video without making a definitive, public statement on the matter: Only two possibles logical scenarios here (that I can think of):

1) Its not true and was in fact said on accident and Ripple edited the video to save face and didnt think it’s worthwhile to have a public correction or simply just don’t feel like they have justify their correction...

Attempting to logically deduce a negative statement is factual is near impossible. Our best bet is to first examine the possibility it’s true in order to measure the veracity of Cory simply making a mistake.

2) It’s true but Ripple is in a real bind here: Ripple would be lying if they said it wasn’t true but they can’t make a public statement affirming it either, due to NDAs. Simply put, Cory just accidentally say too much, too early. 

In this scenario, Ripple would want to mitigate the spreading of this information so they ninja’ed It.

I also think it’s imperative to not forget the overall situation here. We got Cory and Brad; definitely both top brass in the Ripple hierarchy, discussing a client and what? Cory makes a mistake? Ok that’s possible but Brad? I can’t believe Brad wouldn’t say anything or correct Cory. It’s not like Brad is shy and half his job is education and correcting misinformation. At the very least, if Brad didn’t say something at time of recording, he would’ve at least said something afterwards before video publication. On this point alone, I really think it strains credulity to think such a series of events could take place such that option 1) is true. 

Final thought along this line of thinking: if it is indeed mistakenly said early, they’d be under NDA obligation to remove the offending material and also be unable to clarify publically, as NDAs typically have clauses that prevent denial and/or acknowledgment of the agreement.

Also we’re damn near the production version 1.0 of xRapid going live. We’ve had 2 debug versions and 4 Beta Versions thus far.

The above is my analysis and my own only. I’m not claiming to know something I don’t but the logic is solid unless someone can point out something I can’t see. At the very least this is significant enough to not be TFHC material. 

Note: posted this comment inanother topic and although relevant to the other topic I actually meant to post this here. 

Edited by Atomic1221
~Fixed a mistake

Ow my gawddd 5 dollar donation....

Xrp to 60 dollars

Ow my gawddd 10 dollar donation

BG123 is my boyfriend

Ow my gawd 100 dollar donation

Xrp world currency confirmed

Ow my gawddd buy my merch

Bunch of fools....

2 minutes ago, Qasim_786 said:

Ow my gawddd 5 dollar donation....

Xrp to 60 dollars

Ow my gawddd 10 dollar donation

BG123 is my boyfriend

Ow my gawd 100 dollar donation

Xrp world currency confirmed

Ow my gawddd buy my merch

Bunch of fools....

It is sad Alex started out noble but then become like the rest of youtubers, becoming a salesman for merch. Money corrupts everyone I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Inequivalent said:

It is sad Alex started out noble but then become like the rest of youtubers, becoming a salesman for merch. Money corrupts everyone I guess. 

He's a 17 year old kid. I blame the grown adults that gave him any credence. 

17 hours ago, Inequivalent said:

He quit school with no income except fast food outlets jobs give the kid a break if he wants to be a entrepreneur and sell merch ..

21 hours ago, Atomic1221 said:

2) It’s true but Ripple is in a real bind here: Ripple would be lying if they said it wasn’t true but they can’t make a public statement affirming it either, due to NDAs. Simply put, Cory just accidentally say too much, too early. 

In this scenario, Ripple would want to mitigate the spreading of this information so they ninja’ed It. Furthermore this brings up the issue of why they didn’t edit this before publication?

As far as I understand, the interview was streamed live, and later published as edited video (with mention about Santander's xRapid use removed).