Member278576

Drama at bitfinex with XRP

Someone gave a 5M sell order and it went down and up as seen. Again, makes absolutely no sense that someone would simply dump everything at one go. I am beginning to think a relatively deep pocketed individual is trying to scare XRP investors or a completely clueless kid got a hold of the trading account of his parents is willing to cash out for a new toy and has no clue what he is doing? !?

I think @galgitron posted something from a similar dump on twitter some days ago. I would guess blatant manipulation, but of course, have no evidence for that. Just very odd. 

55 minutes ago, Member278576 said:

Whoa. Something got dumped and bought today. Any speculation on this?

A6C0F90E-52A9-4CFB-ACAB-1167FD4214C4.png

I would have imagined this to be an error. Good profits for individuals that managed to have a buy limit in that region

1 hour ago, MisterHappy said:

I would have imagined this to be an error. Good profits for individuals that managed to have a buy limit in that region

Maybe, the data got blanked for a while after this happened. But it’s still there so who knows.

2 hours ago, MisterHappy said:

Yea and imagine all the people with a stop loss at that price boom there goes your profit in 1 min it's all gone. This is why we need regulation.

34 minutes ago, sven12345 said:

Yea and imagine all the people with a stop loss at that price boom there goes your profit in 1 min it's all gone. This is why we need regulation.

Lol what? How would regulation help that? This is simply a large sell order, which can be done on any markets.. theres nothing illegal at all about it. The only reason we see such drastic changes in prices is due to low volume in crypto compared to stocks. 

Are you saying when crypto is regulated people won't be allowed to do large sell orders? LOL

4 minutes ago, Inequivalent said:

Lol what? How would regulation help that? This is simply a large sell order, which can be done on any markets.. theres nothing illegal at all about it. The only reason we see such drastic changes in prices is due to low volume in crypto compared to stocks. 

Are you saying when crypto is regulated people won't be allowed to do large sell orders? LOL

1.7 billion isn't that low. If you were the one with a stop loss im pretty sure you wouldn't be the one laughing right now. This is pure manipulation and shouldn't be allowed. On Bitstamp XRP/BTC went like 99% down in 1 min sure that was a big sell order I don't believe it. 

I’m pretty sure a whale or mainuplator doesn’t dump their chest for 60% less than the market rate. I would imagine they will place many incrementally lower priced buy orders to drive the price down. Selling that low only causes a feeding frenzy and then it’s gone.