Need help migrating my Ripple Trade Wallet

jailee

22 minutes ago, Plennie_Wingo said:

Well, if XRP gets to something significant, they may decrease the reserve.  Or maybe not.  That 20XRP might be the difference between my little Jimmy being able to go to Harberd or not....

The Ripple reserve is controlled by Ripple Protocol and according to them: The XRP Ledger has a mechanism to adjust the reserve requirements for long-term changes in the value of XRP. Any changes have to be approved by the consensus process. 

Source: https://ripple.com/build/reserves/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, tulo said:

From your documentation:

Was that service discontinued? Doesn't gatehub have access to Ripple Trade database?

Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve my lost funds. I was never verified by Ripple themselves so I can log in but never retrieve my secret key. I'm going to have to let the money go ( but when it reaches $100 or more I'll always remember I am a millionaire that can't ever have their money...man I'm sick.) My last ditch effort will be to contact Ripple, but I doubt they will verify me and give me access, as I don't think they have the means to do so. Thanks for all the info everyone.

Just now, jailee said:

Unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve my lost funds. I was never verified by Ripple themselves so I can log in but never retrieve my secret key. I'm going to have to let the money go ( but when it reaches $100 or more I'll always remember I am a millionaire that can't ever have their money...man I'm sick.) My last ditch effort will be to contact Ripple, but I doubt they will verify me and give me access, as I don't think they have the means to do so. Thanks for all the info everyone.

It's not about verification. Ripple trade had a database where user and pwd were associated to a ripple address and secret key.

Ripple gave access to that database to Gatehub. I don't know why now @gatehub is saying that they don't have access to that database. I know many people that did the migration successfully using gatehub service. It's strange they now discontinued the service.

Just now, tulo said:

It's not about verification. Ripple trade had a database where user and pwd were associated to a ripple address and secret key.

Ripple gave access to that database to Gatehub. I don't know why now @gatehub is saying that they don't have access to that database. I know many people that did the migration successfully using gatehub service. It's strange they now discontinued the service.

So if @gatehub verified me then they should have access to my secret key if I can log into my Ripple Trade account?

10 hours ago, tulo said:

Hey Tulo, we never had the access to the database. You were able to request a migration to our platform.

10 hours ago, jailee said:

So if @gatehub verified me then they should have access to my secret key if I can log into my Ripple Trade account?

No, unfortunately, getting verified with us will not enable you the access to your Ripple trade account. You can contact Ripple for further instructions. 

• 8 months later...
On 4/25/2018 at 4:58 PM, gatehub said:

Hey Tulo, we never had the access to the database. You were able to request a migration to our platform.

No, unfortunately, getting verified with us will not enable you the access to your Ripple trade account. You can contact Ripple for further instructions. 

Why can't I migrate a RippleTrade account? Use ripplename and password @gatehub

Edited by tomylou