Coin_Hound

We are probably still very early into this run

11 hours ago, Rob_long said:

If people are getting into xrp because they think its "cheap" then they need to be educated more

Both are true.  Based on my experience, crypto outsiders get super giddy when they hear that 1 xrp can be purchased for less than $1...

Just now, Rob_long said:

Like i said people need to be more educated before investing. If people say silly things like that to me i tell them to throw away all their coins then because they are just a fraction of a dollar. 

Its these uneducated people that are driving the irrational volatility in crypto.

It's somewhat unrealistic to expect people to understand the finer details from a casual investment perspective.  That's why there has been a massive push to get ETF's and other simplified products for investors ready before the next bull run.  There is little value in understanding the mechanics if those people never intend to use crypto in the traditional sense.  Probably 99%+ of the population wants nothing to do with using crypto unless it's hidden and utilized on the back end of whatever product they are using.

Also, the irrationality of the market is mostly driven by unregulated margin lending.  All the different platforms giving the "educated" people a means to short/long digital asset positions by up to 100x leverage with too few tools to protect themselves.

24 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

It's somewhat unrealistic to expect people to understand the finer details from a casual investment perspective.  That's why there has been a massive push to get ETF's and other simplified products for investors ready before the next bull run.  There is little value in understanding the mechanics if those people never intend to use crypto in the traditional sense.  Probably 99%+ of the population wants nothing to do with using crypto unless it's hidden and utilized on the back end of whatever product they are using.

Also, the irrationality of the market is mostly driven by unregulated margin lending.  All the different platforms giving the "educated" people a means to short/long digital asset positions by up to 100x leverage with too few tools to protect themselves.

Absolutely correct. If everybody were "rational" the market economy would fail. It's so called irrational people who create the products and services that "rational" people say will never be viable, but which eventually become the very products and services that all of us can hardly live without. 

51 minutes ago, Trader-to-the-Crown said:

I know I did. XRPs potential is so much higher than $1.

Well yes, I think we can all agree on that.  The point I was trying to make was that outsiders tend to see all coins in a similar light;  BTC = ETH = LTC = XRP and so on.  Resulting superficial level of understanding makes XRP appealing because at $1 it still has very long way to go (150x) to equalize to the rest of the group (at $150, $600, $9000).  

Thus, low xrp price (but not too low) does seem to increase its appeal to broader audiences.

20 hours ago, xrp-pat said:

All bets are off until XRP comes out of beta. At that point, I'm expecting a big announcement from Ripple. The entire ecosystem of Ripple is based around XRP. Once they are prepared to go live with XRP, then I personally expect the mother of all announcements, not just that XRP is going live but also the the partnerships they have. After all, XRP is useless unless there are others using it. Hence moon shot very shortly!

Is there a timeframe for xrapid to go live/ come out of beta? I thought it was kindof a rolling timeframe where they sign up partners for xcurrent, perhaps trial xrapid beta if things go well, and then eventually they will go live. Is it more like, there's a point where xrapid goes live and any new partners that come on board will be using the live technology (not beta)? 

Does that make sense? 

4 minutes ago, radcity79 said:

Is there a timeframe for xrapid to go live/ come out of beta? I thought it was kindof a rolling timeframe where they sign up partners for xcurrent, perhaps trial xrapid beta if things go well, and then eventually they will go live. Is it more like, there's a point where xrapid goes live and any new partners that come on board will be using the live technology (not beta)? 

Does that make sense? 

I wish it was ...

31 minutes ago, radcity79 said:

Does that make sense? 

Haven't looked into it further, but based on the following it sounds like something's coming as early as this summer:

1 hour ago, radcity79 said:

Does that make sense? 

We are currently in Beta with Rippled 1.0.0-b4. I believe versions 1.0.0-b5 and 1.0.0-rc1 will be implemented before the live version Rippled 1.0 goes live. This should coincide with XRapid being rolled out and Partners being announced. I expect this to happen in May/June. Let’s hope i’m right! :JC_doubleup:

1 hour ago, radcity79 said:

Does that make sense? 

Very soon is my only guess!

https://github.com/ripple/rippled

18 hours ago, Zedy44 said:

I agree with you 100% about leveraging by "educated" people however i dont agree that knowing crypto is a % game is a finer detail, more like investing 101. This applies to any mode of investment. How else will they measure the sick gainzzz.

18 hours ago, automatic said:

Both are true.  Based on my experience, crypto outsiders get super giddy when they hear that 1 xrp can be purchased for less than $1...

Im not gonna lie im pretty excited it can be bought for less than $1 too ?

15 hours ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

We are currently in Beta with Rippled 1.0.0-b4. I believe versions 1.0.0-b5 and 1.0.0-rc1 will be implemented before the live version Rippled 1.0 goes live. This should coincide with XRapid being rolled out and Partners being announced. I expect this to happen in May/June. Let’s hope i’m right! :JC_doubleup:

Just in time for Santander to launch their 'instant payments platform' which they have indicated as hopefully summertime.