Breed

New member, long time HODLer

Hello all, 

I’m new to this site but have been a long time hodler of XRP.  I’m no whale but certainly not a minnow in relation to the rich list stats.  

Over the course of this entire experience, I found it hardest to convince loved ones of this revolutionary technology and where Ripple/XRP are headed in the future.  I come from a large family and yet I am the only investor.  I find myself upset at the fact that I cannot convince anyone to understand what’s about to happen even though I have a long and extensive background in computer science as well as a greater than average understanding of economics with years of experience investing.  My first question to the board is; does anyone else have this issue and if so, we’re you successful in convincing them and how so?

I’d also like to get some experience using the XRPtipbot as maybe a way to share and get them interested.  Is there a trustworthy guide or manual on how to use it?  Such as requirements for both party’s of the transaction (they need to have this and that before tipping).  I’m assuming some sort of online wallet needs to be created for each party but not sure.  

Thanks in advance!  

Go Ripple!  Go XRP!

I haven't told many people about this, but the few times I did, I got reactions ranging from generally uninterested, to "it's a bubble" without much further qualification. Anything relating to IoV or ILP is also a no-go zone for normies. I never pressed the issue.

5 minutes ago, corak said:

I haven't told many people about this, but the few times I did, I got reactions ranging from generally uninterested, to "it's a bubble" without much further qualification. Anything relating to IoV or ILP is also a no-go zone for normies. I never pressed the issue.

Shame so many people will miss out... I guess that part of human nature is why the Rogers adoption curve model exists

I had the same reaction until in Dec I was able to say "I told you so" when suddenly I was inundated with requests for info and help. Probably the best way to get them onboard is to create them a cold wallet with a small amount of funds (100-200) and give it to them for their birthday, they won't be able to stop looking at the price after that and will probably join XRPchat.

Edited by Trickery

4 hours ago, Breed said:

does anyone else have this issue and if so, we’re you successful in convincing them and how so?

Sadly I think it's not uncommon.  I am lucky because the people I really care about have gone in after hearing about it.  But I've had mixed success talking to others.  Quite a few did invest but only after December fomo and remembering my earlier words, so they are all red and look at me with mixed feelings.   :) 

Some folk hate others making "easy" money so they really dislike it when it's up and gloat when it's down.  If I had to do it all again I would only tell loved ones.  My earlier thoughts of feeling guilty about keeping an opportunity to myself have all been burnt away.

So to convince loved ones....   hmmm.  It's tricky.  If you say what you really think might happen,  it sounds like pie in the sky and ludicrous.

I told my sister and bro-in-law things like "I think it should triple or more in price" ( while secretly thinking much much more... ).  That was enough after further explanations.

Perhaps nowadays there is enough Institional partnering to say that it's less and less likely to have downside risk and has so much upside potential.  It's still risky but less so than earlier.  I think maybe the best thing you can do is find any of Hodors blogs that cover the main points (there are multiple candidates) and shrink it into a few talking points.  Then give the URLs for further reading starting with Hodor.

Good luck to you and your loved ones.