Sign in to follow this  

Ripple's Miguel Vias on the DLT Space and 2018 Rally

See his continued comments by checking out the conversation above.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

I wish he had said something insightful. 

Compare Ripple people with Musk... Musk is always informative or amusing. Ripple comments are pithy and constitute motherhood.

?

The timing of these comments is interesting with the Q1 XRP market report due out any day now.  I'm not sure whether to be reassured or concerned...

"incredibly optimistic", "well funded", "brilliant core" - Wow, and if that wasn't enough to let you know what they're seeing behind the scenes, he closes with "...and the tech is pure magic."  I've always maintained that the Ripple Team is simply amazing: possibly even legendary - only time will tell - It's a privilege to be able to have invested in something so revolutionary. This is exciting stuff - not for the impatient maybe, but rewarding on so many levels!

@WuWei

The same was said two (2) years ago, when Ripple introduced the meme of the mythical one hundred (100) banks that they were working, and apparently may still be working with. Alas, the 100 banks meme has morphed into 50% of global banking by 2023 (as I recall).

Ripple is noted for kicking the product delivery dates down the road, or pivoting to a new product domain, all the while NOT implementing competitive technology, like wallets. Go figure.

It is time to deliver on the last promise to its XRP investors... the 100 banks.

36 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

It is time to deliver on the last promise to its XRP investors...

Come on, Max. Since when did Ripple care about unfortunate souls that bought XRP and don't happen to be FIs? :D Did the recent 'community manager' appointment got into your head? 

At least Miguel was kind enough to drop by for some questioning. 

I'm afraid, the people that could answer your questions are very unlikely to drop by cough Larsen cough

39 minutes ago, LatentNewb said:

Good words for a space that's still on its infancy.

To look at what they've done in only five years makes Max's criticisms look like those of an impatient teenager. Again, only time will tell, but it's looking as if they're on a roll that's gaining some serious momentum. Ripple is essentially educating the world about the future of blockchain in moving the world's money. Having nearly thirty central banks show up at their conference last fall in NYC, is truly phenomenal for such a young company - they're earning respect in a big way. Look at the Goliaths that they've been taking on: CitiBank with their reluctance to lose all those "lesser banks" transfer fees, SWIFT with their near monopoly on the banking system, and even Hyperledger, who wisely opted to partner with them, lest they be slain. We will see....

@Graine

You are a long time XRP investor, so I know you understand, but my comments here are not much for the people who debate comments, but rather for those that are silent for whatever reasons.

Unfortunately, we have a situation where the Ripple MBAs took the only path they felt they had expertise in. Alas, this space is not for MBAs. Their time will come in 5-10 years when crypto is a mature technology.

Today, we as XRP investors are forced to accept the ownership realities. But, it does not mean we have to be silent.

Ripple management have made disastrous decisions in a tech space they don’t understand. Five (5) years and the best they can deliver is .80 cents... this when they were the only company with 50+ paid staff. Their competition had no paid staff, and they have delivered working decentralized products... with wallets!

We have two (2) choices sell and trigger a tax event, or, advocate for the sale of the company to a tech giant. The current path of 50% of world banks in five (5) years is misleading guidance from the Ripple CEO. The state simply changes the focus from 100 banks to something more ethereal.

If Ripple were managed by tech people guidance / gaffs like this would not be offered.

More could be said...

Does anyone know the R3 litigation dates?

@WuWei

If you had development experience you would have a different opinion.

Look at 0x Project accomplishments... The  0x technology will power atomic swaps and distributed exchanges in the near future.

The Ripple banks will be forced to compete... with distributed exchanges... but they are NOT price competitive.

Worse, if R3 wins even a portion of the case, then SBI and R3 get XRP for free. And this is the domain of the MBAs. You can’t make this stuff up.

:-(