retep

xrp prices going up like a rocket

49 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

If BTC manages to push through $9100 and consolidate above that we could see trend reversal. Finally. But I don't want to jinx it :D

I’m not sure BTC has anything to do with this market. Looking at some of my holdings over the last few weeks, they have all outperformed BTC. In fact last time BTC was at $8500, XRP was in the  low $0.60s or high $0.50s.

51 minutes ago, Sporticus said:

We are seeing the same pattern we saw last spring of 2017. After chasing crypto since 2013, I discovered the market operates in annual cycles.  We get a pump around Xmas and another around Easter, the dumps are in between.  I call it the Jesus cycle.  Now we are headed for the Resurrection after having been crucified. The charts tell the story with XRP and now that it is replacing the Beastcoin, it begins to act like it.  We will likely hit a new ATH around mid to late May.  Should go 3 times last ATH.  That would match SBI CEO and Profit Confidential predictions. $10 per XRP and this is needed for the kind of liquidity XRapid requires where the market makers can operate the fiat to XRP corridors efficiently.  The big money and the little money are coming, the whales and Day traders are taking a break.  Time to let the rocket fly. It’s the XRPlosion we have waited for and the zerpening is nigh. HODL.  

This post is even better when read while listening to 'Thus Spoke Zarasusthra'

38 minutes ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

I’m not sure BTC has anything to do with this market. Looking at some of my holdings over the last few weeks, they have all outperformed BTC. In fact last time BTC was at $8500, XRP was in the  low $0.60s or high $0.50s.

It has unfortunately. Alts are usually going massively up when BTC is stable/sliding. If BTC starts dropping then alts are dropping twice as fast. If BTC gets on a massive rally alts are following it in the best case scenario, worst case is they are dropping slightly. It's important that BTC is stable for good or for bad

1 hour ago, Sporticus said:

We are seeing the same pattern we saw last spring of 2017. After chasing crypto since 2013, I discovered the market operates in annual cycles.  We get a pump around Xmas and another around Easter, the dumps are in between.  I call it the Jesus cycle.  Now we are headed for the Resurrection after having been crucified. The charts tell the story with XRP and now that it is replacing the Beastcoin, it begins to act like it.  We will likely hit a new ATH around mid to late May.  Should go 3 times last ATH.  That would match SBI CEO and Profit Confidential predictions. $10 per XRP and this is needed for the kind of liquidity XRapid requires where the market makers can operate the fiat to XRP corridors efficiently.  The big money and the little money are coming, the whales and Day traders are taking a break.  Time to let the rocket fly. It’s the XRPlosion we have waited for and the zerpening is nigh. HODL.  

ATH at 3 times the previous ATH is your specs ? or from analytic source

i was thinking next ATH will be below around 4 to 6

3 hours ago, Trickery said:

yeah i know, but what kept me from buying was that i wasn't sure if it still would go down

You're still not SURE.   That's how this speculative investing works.   

Falcon heavy=worlds most powerful rocket 

fyi these levels are way below my dollar cost average so if I were you I would be very happy at the opportunity 

Edited by MrClamtastic

5 hours ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

Bloomberg reckons BTC is only really worth $20

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-04-19/what-bitcoin-is-really-worth-may-no-longer-be-such-a-mystery

I’d go with a utility argument I read. Basically BTC doesn’t have a lot of transaction utility, it is very slow and the transactions are expensive.

If it was a phone, it would be like one of those 1960s/70s fixed line phones. You might pay $20 for the phone, but where they get you is the call costs and rental.

I see XRP as much more functional and offering greater utility, and whilst calls, SMS and Data is now cheap, I might now spend $1000 on a handset - I.e an iPhone X.

I agree, XRP (meaning the XRP ledger and associated Ripple products) has "utility" that BTC and its associated framework does not... BTC value is difficult to justify. Although, how does one even begin to try and give appropriate valuation to any crypto asset at this stage of the game?

BTC and rest of the crypto market is still driven by massive manipulation and ensuing retail speculation... Until that becomes mitigated (with REAL gov't regulation -- meaning governments and their in-bed corporations are the ones dictating the price, not rogue "whales"), BTC price could continue to appreciate to ridiculous levels.

For historical reference, here is a chart of the breakout in December... there were a couple of small pauses/channels, but then...

image.thumb.png.a806c4a9b02d98ff77ae3e7fc9769ba9.png

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/ripple

There appears to be a dogfight at every level now, it makes me wonder - at what point do the whales/bears capitulate and "let it ride"?

For the record, last time it was at the $1.21 level...

image.png.59200b5f860f4a5356fb08ebd7c5373d.png

Edited by GiddyUp
additional speculation

6 hours ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

Bloomberg reckons BTC is only really worth $20

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-04-19/what-bitcoin-is-really-worth-may-no-longer-be-such-a-mystery

I’d go with a utility argument I read. Basically BTC doesn’t have a lot of transaction utility, it is very slow and the transactions are expensive.

If it was a phone, it would be like one of those 1960s/70s fixed line phones. You might pay $20 for the phone, but where they get you is the call costs and rental.

I see XRP as much more functional and offering greater utility, and whilst calls, SMS and Data is now cheap, I might now spend $1000 on a handset - I.e an iPhone X.

Just though we could have iPhoneXRP

1 iPhone for 1 XRP,  i’d be good with that valuation!

5 hours ago, MrClamtastic said:

You're still not SURE.   That's how this speculative investing works.   

Falcon heavy=worlds most powerful rocket 

fyi these levels are way below my dollar cost average so if I were you I would be very happy at the opportunity 

You seem to have attributed one of the OP posts to me, I didn't say that, I'm a happy hodler.

7 hours ago, Trickery said:

You seem to have attributed one of the OP posts to me, I didn't say that, I'm a happy hodler.

No.   I was doing a google ***ist for the guy that missed out on the 2 for a dollar zerps.   Kind of a mixed bag posting. 

30 minutes ago, MrClamtastic said:

No.   I was doing a google ***ist for the guy that missed out on the 2 for a dollar zerps.   Kind of a mixed bag posting. 

I draw your attention to this quote in your post

image.thumb.png.ad9d16255c8eedab1d08f1c338bd9610.png