Binance XRP/USD pairing

25 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

XRP/BTC is about 17-15% of the volume. Just Binance accounts 8.5% of the XRP/BTC volume and another 1% XRP/ETH. I'm loving it. One less reason for those people to buy BTC/ETH and have a direct fiat pair to XRP. 

This something i am wondering about. BTC seemingly had a first starter advantage and has been used as bridge asset to buy other cryptos including XRP if a lot of exchanges offer fiat to XRP pairs, how much will XRP and other cryptos profit from this. Apart from that XRP and a lot of other cryptos can function a lot better as a bridge asset for fiat and other cryptos.

(CANT WAIT FOR SBI VC)

7 minutes ago, Sarnos said:

This something i am wondering about. BTC seemingly had a first starter advantage and has been used as bridge asset to buy other cryptos including XRP if a lot of exchanges offer fiat to XRP pairs, how much will XRP and other cryptos profit from this. Apart from that XRP and a lot of other cryptos can function a lot better as a bridge asset for fiat and other cryptos.

Couple of things. For our stated use case of cross border money transfer, the more fiat pair we have the better. Second, in terms of strict volume, having XRP/USD doesn't help us much. What it will do is hurt BTC and reduce all the fluff volume where people are buying BTC/ETH to then convert it to XRP and level the playing field a bit.

4 hours ago, MoonLambo said:

What is up with that link? There is a headline but no article.

Try diff browser but the handshake at top looks very similar to a tweet that Worldbank did in last few days. Synchronicity......

Edited by fiik