2 hours ago, enrique11 said:

Anyway, the closing of Rippex ripple gateway was sort of the 'last straw' for me.  Now my favorite  XRP wallet is no more and who knows how long it will  remain functional if  Ripple changes any related aspect of their codebase sufficiently to affect rippex's utility.

Anyway, I discovered recently that you can stake your stellar lumens on lumenauts to earn 1% interest (yeah, lumens is an inflationary crypto, and the inflation allows for a stellar "savings account")  compounded annually and paid out weekly from the pool with 0% pool fees. 

It's been a fun and interesting four years with ripple for me, but I should have known better - it's a coin for financial institutions and is only becoming more ingrained in that sector with time.  On the next XRP bull run, will seriously consider moving a substantial amount over to stellar to save myself from more grief over this coin.  I don't mind making money with ripple, but the excitement is no longer there for me with a coin whose interests and mine are only becoming more divergent as time goes by.  You have to back up what you believe in.

Good luck, guys!  :))) I know you will do very well with Ripple, but I sense that Stellar will win the hearts of crypto investors and will have a very prosperous future as well. 

Lol Ripple hasn’t changed their stance on what they’ve been trying to accomplish since whenever you invested. Investors only take a coin so far, it’s real world utilization that will win in the end, and Stellar is way further behind in that regard. As well as them helping the unbanked with Mojaloop I’m not really sure what else you can ask for. Emotions and money never mix well. Adios.

3 hours ago, Moretto said:

Lol Ripple hasn’t changed their stance on what they’ve been trying to accomplish since whenever you invested. Investors only take a coin so far, it’s real world utilization that will win in the end, and Stellar is way further behind in that regard. As well as them helping the unbanked with Mojaloop I’m not really sure what else you can ask for. Emotions and money never mix well. Adios.

Go back to sleep ;)

16 hours ago, King34Maine said:

Guys he is allowed to post about Stellar under the "alt-coins" designation. If you don't like what he is saying just move it along. It should be refreshing to hear diverging opinions about Ripple/XRP from other coin holders as it gives us the opportunity to clarify or educate others about Ripple/XRP. However, with that being said, there need to be some honest/valid questions/statements offered and not just:

Absolutely! It's the way it was posted. 

I have noticed XLM usually sits at half or less of the value of XRP. I used to enjoy the XLM Reddit community. 

I used to think there was room for both. Then I listened to Jed talk at an interview. Then I sought out more interviews to hear him speak. He is so embarrassing. I was embarrassed for him, watching. I mean...He was being interviewed by someone who accidentally made a weird sexual double referece (I forget what it was), but it was made due to language barrier. He's giggled like a school girl. He lost it. The host realized what he said and then started giggling too. Yes, giggling. I mean...it was an interview about XLM and he's basically insulting the host for his language skills. 

I can't imagine Brad G acting like that. Jed isn't ready for TV appearances, that's for sure. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Loki said:

Absolutely! It's the way it was posted. 

I have noticed XLM usually sits at half or less of the value of XRP. I used to enjoy the XLM Reddit community. 

I used to think there was room for both. Then I listened to Jed talk at an interview. Then I sought out more interviews to hear him speak. He is so embarrassing. I was embarrassed for him, watching. I mean...He was being interviewed by someone who accidentally made a weird sexual double referece (I forget what it was), but it was made due to language barrier. He's giggled like a school girl. He lost it. The host realized what he said and then started giggling too. Yes, giggling. I mean...it was an interview about XLM and he's basically insulting the host for his language skills. 

I can't imagine Brad G acting like that. Jed isn't ready for TV appearances, that's for sure. 

I don't follow your logic.  I'm certainly not a fan of Jeff Bezos, but I love Amazon. I find stuff there that I can't find anywhere else, and I'm not going to stop using it,abandon it just because of my feelings toward Bezos.

Edited by enrique11

9 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

I don't follow your logic.  I'm certainly not a fan of Jeff Bezos, but I love Amazon. I find stuff there that I can't find anywhere else, and I'm not going to stop using it,abandon it just because of my feelings toward Bezos.

Jeff Bezos is a pretty professional guy. He runs a major corporation so big people are questioning if it should be allowed to be that big. When I pull up a pic of Jeff Bezos, I see a guy who is professional groomed and looks nice.

Jed is still building is company. His pictures have him dressed like a child and talking the same. 

Even Mark Zuckerburg - whom I detest - he may dress down, but he certainly knows how to not laugh and giggle about ****ies at an interview. Goodness Gracious. I sold right after I saw that. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Loki said:

Jeff Bezos is a pretty professional guy. He runs a major corporation so big people are questioning if it should be allowed to be that big. When I pull up a pic of Jeff Bezos, I see a guy who is professional groomed and looks nice.

Jed is still building is company. His pictures have him dressed like a child and talking the same. 

Even Mark Zuckerburg - whom I detest - he may dress down, but he certainly knows how to not laugh and giggle about ****ies at an interview. Goodness Gracious. I sold right after I saw that. 

But couldn't one make a similar argument about Vitalik Buterin? In fact he has less experience building companies than Jed, and is arguably more socially awkward than Jed.

Edited by enrique11

Posted (edited)

Anyway I don't care about personal appearances that much...I care about the technology the infrastructure GitHub repository Partnerships, utility and adoption more.

Edited by enrique11

47 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

But couldn't one make a similar argument about Vitalik Buterin? In fact he has less experience building companies than Jed, and is arguably more socially awkward than Jed.

I'm not sure, I'm not invested in ETH. I never looked into VB. 

It's not about appearance, btw. It's about professionalism. But you have to invest how you feel comfortable and likewise for me. I don't have money to throw at projects that will end up being a dud, so I make sure the projects I am invested in are solid. 

If you are happy with XLM, that's great. 

15 hours ago, enrique11 said:

Wie dem auch sei, die Schließung des Rippex-Ripple-Gateways war für mich der letzte Strohhalm. Jetzt ist meine Lieblings-XRP-Brieftasche nicht mehr und wer weiß, wie lange es funktionieren wird, wenn Ripple einen verwandten Aspekt ihrer Codebasis so weit ändert, dass das Dienstprogramm von Rippex betroffen ist.

Jedenfalls habe ich kürzlich entdeckt, dass Sie Ihre stellaren Lumen auf Lumenautoren setzen können, um 1% Zinsen zu verdienen (ja, Lumen ist eine inflationäre Krypto, und die Inflation erlaubt ein stellares "Sparkonto"), jährlich zusammengesetzt und wöchentlich aus dem Pool ausgezahlt 0% Poolgebühren. 

Es war eine witzige und interessante vier Jahre lang mit Welle für mich, aber ich hätte es besser wissen müssen - es ist eine Münze für Finanzinstitute und wird nur mehr in diesem Sektor mit der Zeit eingefleischter. Auf der nächsten XRP Bullenrall wird ernsthaft erwägen, eine beträchtliche Menge zu stellaren bewegen, um mich von mehr Kummer über diese Münze zu retten. Es macht mir nichts aus, Geld mit Ripple zu verdienen, aber die Aufregung ist für mich mit einer Münze nicht mehr da, deren Interessen und meine mit der Zeit immer mehr divergieren. Sie müssen unterstützen, woran Sie glauben.

Viel Glück, Leute! :))) Ich weiß, dass du sehr gut mit Ripple zurechtkommst, aber ich habe das Gefühl, dass Stellar die Herzen der Kryptoinvestoren gewinnen wird und auch eine sehr erfolgreiche Zukunft haben wird. 

I like the stellar fans.... I would not trust Jed any word. I think stellar will disapear like 1000 other altcoins. The foundation is fake (Proofed in some topics here). I would be afraid holding stellar. Btw: What do they plan with their own 80 mrd lumen? Maybe they get the great idea to locke it in escrow in the future ;)

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, XRPisVELOCITY said:

How's xlm doing?

It is still doing good not as good as XRP but I am holding both (XLM and XRP).

I have to remind you that few months ago the ratio was XRP:XLM  1:7  and now it is just 1:2.5, so what are you bragging about?

Edited by Renny

2 hours ago, Renny said:

It is still doing good not as good as XRP but I am holding both (XLM and XRP).

I have to remind you that few months ago the ratio was XRP:XLM  1:7  and now it is just 1:2.5, so what are you bragging about?

So in the last hours the $ ratio between us (XRP) and you (XLM) increased significantly :D

Posted (edited)

So what’s your XLM/XRP ratio Renny? I will be interested to keep an eye on it while you’re frequenting this forum?

Also, if you have not already, take a look at Hodor’s blogs. They are a wealth of information.

All the best.

Edited by Flintstone
Your —> You’re

XLM will follow XRP's rise soon. Jed will pump it with the money he gets from XRP sales. There has been a clear pattern since 2014. If you want to do daytrading, switch to XLM after XRP has gone up and switch back to XRP after the XLM has "jed-pumped"