Probably Jed pumping XLM with the money he gets from XRP sales. Stellar is several steps behind Ripple with their tech, strategy and partnerships. But I hope people here make money trading XLM. I'm personally not convinced at all long term. Smoke and mirrors

1 hour ago, SomeGuyXRP said:

Thanks! Now I understand! So why is stellar selling them? How can you even sell a unit of measurement? Still confused

You can buy the mining kits in shops. They look like bulbs. You screw them in to your ceiling and you use your electricity to get lumens out!

Ive been making a fortune over the winter. Probably going to sell the bulbs now though since the GMT+1 update, there doesn’t seem to be much volume now!

Anybody know if the Dutch exchanges are still the best place for selling these bulbs?

4 hours ago, Renny said:

Stellar is flying and it is catching up XRP.

Bye bye Ripple

Sometimes a hot air balloon goes higher than an airplane.  When it runs out of gas, the landing spot is 5 miles from where it started.

The airplane takes of and flies 1000 miles an hour. 

3 hours ago, noucktourno said:

So where is @Mercury and @rootvegetable to warn some users of this thread for abusive behavior ?

Do we have abusive behavior here? I think people need a thicker skin. On my other username I got a warning because I said a phrase a famous American says and some French guy took offense because it means something completely different in his country. 

I have seen online abusive behavior, this ain't it. But hey, I'm not a mod. Good thing. 

2 hours ago, default said:

Probably Jed pumping XLM with the money he gets from XRP sales. Stellar is several steps behind Ripple with their tech, strategy and partnerships. But I hope people here make money trading XLM. I'm personally not convinced at all long term. Smoke and mirrors

This. I did hold XLM for several months but sold at a decent profit to buy more XRP. It was obvious Jed was keeping XLM alive, but who knows when he will get bored?

5 hours ago, FUD said:

Wrong forum dude😂

Guys he is allowed to post about Stellar under the "alt-coins" designation. If you don't like what he is saying just move it along. It should be refreshing to hear diverging opinions about Ripple/XRP from other coin holders as it gives us the opportunity to clarify or educate others about Ripple/XRP. However, with that being said, there need to be some honest/valid questions/statements offered and not just:

5 hours ago, Renny said:

Stellar is flying and it is catching up XRP.

Bye bye Ripple

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Trickery said:

NEM is flying and it is catching up XRP :bad:

Somebody in this forum will get mad at you, and he will see you are behaving abusively lol.

They always whine.

Edited by Renny

Posted (edited)

Anyway, the closing of Rippex ripple gateway was sort of the 'last straw' for me.  Now my favorite  XRP wallet is no more and who knows how long it will  remain functional if  Ripple changes any related aspect of their codebase sufficiently to affect rippex's utility.

Anyway, I discovered recently that you can stake your stellar lumens on lumenauts to earn 1% interest (yeah, lumens is an inflationary crypto, and the inflation allows for a stellar "savings account")  compounded annually and paid out weekly from the pool with 0% pool fees. 

It's been a fun and interesting four years with ripple for me, but I should have known better - it's a coin for financial institutions and is only becoming more ingrained in that sector with time.  On the next XRP bull run, will seriously consider moving a substantial amount over to stellar to save myself from more grief over this coin.  I don't mind making money with ripple, but the excitement is no longer there for me with a coin whose interests and mine are only becoming more divergent as time goes by.  You have to back up what you believe in.

Good luck, guys!  :))) I know you will do very well with Ripple, but I sense that Stellar will win the hearts of crypto investors and will have a very prosperous future as well. 

Edited by enrique11