BluKoo

Where are we all from?

1 hour ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

I’m close, Surrey, bordering West Sussex.

I can sometimes hear the sound of the jet engines as they get the 'go-around' from Gatwick.. I shall say no more.. lols.. ;)

Ok so I am not sure if I currently qualify for this group but please allow me to stay. 

Grew up in Seven Kings, London for the past 30 years. Moved to Jakarta, Indonesia this year, working as a science teacher. 

4 minutes ago, Qasim_786 said:

Ok so I am not sure if I currently qualify for this group but please allow me to stay. 

Grew up in Seven Kings, London for the past 30 years. Moved to Jakarta, Indonesia this year, working as a science teacher. 

Also, could I ask. As all of my bitcoin trades were done when I was a resident of Jakarta, and not a resident of the UK, can I assume that there will be no UK tax implications for me even though I have an account with coinbase setup using my UK ID?

Thanks. 

On 4/18/2018 at 9:52 PM, Mrsrippley said:

Originally from the Black country good to see a few Midlanders here  aar bin ya!

I love the stories around the origins of the term the Black Country.  According to the BBC, for traditionalists the Black Country is the area where the 30ft coal seam comes to the surface - so West Bromwich, Oldbury, Blackheath, Cradley Heath, Old Hill, Bilston, Dudley, Tipton, Wednesfield and parts of Halesowen, Wednesbury and Walsall but not Wolverhampton, Stourbridge and Smethwick or what used to be known as Warley.  That said my best friend from university who was from Wolverhampton would have disagreed.

I love the warmth, friendliness and humour in the area. In particular I vividly remember the retorts and solidarity across the web/twitter when a UKIP Candidate, William Henwood, made racist comments about Comedian Lenny Henry saying he should "emigrate to a black country." Many quickly pointed out the Lenny was from the Black Country!!!!!!  Best way to deal with racists is to laugh at them!!

Edited by Mikhail_Liebenstein

On 4/19/2018 at 5:07 AM, Qasim_786 said:

Also, could I ask. As all of my bitcoin trades were done when I was a resident of Jakarta, and not a resident of the UK, can I assume that there will be no UK tax implications for me even though I have an account with coinbase setup using my UK ID?

Thanks. 

I think you'll be fine, as long as there is no evidence you were UK resident.

On 4/18/2018 at 11:01 PM, emelen73 said:

I can sometimes hear the sound of the jet engines as they get the 'go-around' from Gatwick.. I shall say no more.. lols.. ;)

I mostly miss that, though the in laws are a bit further south (over the border) and on certain days they do get a few fly overs!

4 hours ago, zerpules said:

B*stards! Hope they enjoyed the weekday night trip to Gillingham for a goalless draw while we get ready for the European tour :smoke: UTC

Ha ha no love lost between you lot. My old man was a Burnley fan. Think Sean Dyche has been manager of the season - lot of respect for him and Burnley. Enjoy the European tour ?