Moonraker

When to buy more

I got into Ripple during the ATH and my DCA is still well over $1, even after buying more during the dips. 

I deposited more fiat a couple of weeks ago when the price was around 0.47 but I didn't exchange for any XRP as some people thought the price could / would go down further to around 0.25 but this hasn't happened.

If you were me, bearing in mind my current DCA and obviously wanting to get the most bang for my buck, would you buy more now or are you predicting a decrease again in price?

Obviously I wish that I had purchased when the price was at 0.47 now!

Edited by Moonraker

2 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

I got into Ripple during the ATH and my DCA is still well over $1, even after buying more during the dips. 

I deposited more fiat a couple of weeks ago when the price was around 0.47 but I didn't exchange for any XRP as some people thought the price could / would go down further to around 0.25 but this hasn't happened.

If you were me, bearing in mind my current DCA and obviously wanting to get the most bang for my buck, would you buy more now or are you predicting a decrease again in price?

Obviously I wish that I had purchased when the price was at 0.47 now!

How well did predicting work out for you last time?  It didn't.  So you actually answered your own question.

If you want to play it safe, buy half now and wait a few days on the other half.  It's Impossible to predict, so don't even try.

I've been picking some up in small amounts every few days. It's obviously hard (or impossible) to predict the bottom, but I've had great success in the stock market and even the short time I've been purchasing XRP doing this.

If your DCA is above the current price, buy. Assuming you don't exceed your limit on what you can afford to lose *and* you think your exit price is higher than the current XRP price. Just my 2 XRP drops.

Never listen to other people. Everyone is greedy and want cheap zerps, or lambos.

If you want more XRP then buy it when you have the chance. If you thought 0.50 is a good price (it's a f***ing amazing price) then buy to your hearts content. If you were waiting for lower prices, you should have bought some at current price, and left some left over for if the price ever dips lower.

Don't worry about your DCA, worry about your stash size. I was buying all the way from 0.30 (AUD), all the way up to $3.80 (bringing my DCA to almost $2). I stopped caring about DCA because I realised my goal was to have at least 10,000 zerps, not the have 5,000 zerps at a DCA of 0.XX. I've kept buying since seeing the price drop (in AUD the low was 0.65, and I've almost doubled my stash).

If you honestly think 2 zerps for $1 is not an absolute steal, then wait for it to drop lower, but I'm telling you right now you'll be more upset if you missed out on cheap zerps coz you waited and the price spiked, than if you buy cheap zerps and the price drops allowing you to buy even cheaper zerps.

Anyone waiting for sub 40c zerps:

image.png.f3ae443fe35c1e4dda1670bed52066f5.png

Edited by retryW
Spelliling

14 minutes ago, n2it said:

If your DCA is above the current price, buy. Assuming you don't exceed your limit on what you can afford to lose *and* you think your exit price is higher than the current XRP price. Just my 2 XRP drops.

Again, your current DCA ought to play absolutely no role in determining whether you should buy now or in the future. It is a sunk cost. 

27 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Again, your current DCA ought to play absolutely no role in determining whether you should buy now or in the future. It is a sunk cost. 

You're correct about the sunk cost. But it's hard not to think about what you've already put in. Still I agree that it's more about increasing your stack rather that worrying about what you've already spent. Logical thinking is hard :)

49 minutes ago, n2it said:

You're correct about the sunk cost. But it's hard not to think about what you've already put in. Still I agree that it's more about increasing your stack rather that worrying about what you've already spent. Logical thinking is hard :)

Thinking on the margin is difficult, sometimes counterintuitive.  That’s why it happens so rarely even though it is the proper way to think about nearly every economic decision. 

This thread even misrepresents what Dollar Cost Average is. DCA is technically not the average cost in dollars for each of your XRPs. DCA is an investment strategy that causes you to divide a large investment into a series of smaller ones. Instead of a single $500 investment, a DCA investor makes 5 separate $100 investments over time. The point is to hedge risk possibly lower the amount of your average XRP purchase. This occurs because when the price is low, you get more XRP for your $100 than when the price is high. You may get 150 xrps for $100 instead of 125 the next time you buy.  Just google dollar cost average for a fuller explanation. 

Edited by ringer2

33 minutes ago, Cryptoball said:

If you are in this long term then I think anything under $10 is a steal. 

Just out of curiosity, what’s your definition of “long term”?