Jump to content
AlexCobb

The Ripple Domino Effect Is Already Happening

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Xrpdude said:

Is the Apple ilp a done deal?? Have apple or ripple announced it officially

I can't seem to find anything official?

on the original article where it states the ILP is being used by apple, at the bottom the website stated that it was owned by Apple :dance4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlexCobb said:

on the original article where it states the ILP is being used by apple, at the bottom the website stated that it was owned by Apple :dance4:

Which article?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ILP is one of the proposed payment methods on top of the Payment Request API

It is on the roadmap.  Safari is a webkit based browser but so is Google Chrome.  All major browsers are implementing the payment request API which is great.  But the API is independent of any payment method.

The article is misleading.  By it's logic it means Google has also adopted ILP.  It's not the case.

https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/charter-201803.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PG1 said:

ILP is one of the proposed payment methods on top of the Payment Request API

It is on the roadmap.  Safari is a webkit based browser but so is Google Chrome.  All major browsers are implementing the payment request API which is great.  But the API is independent of any payment method.

The article is misleading.  By it's logic it means Google has also adopted ILP.  It's not the case.

https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/charter-201803.html

 

Correct. This was discussed thoroughly last week when the announcement from Apple came out. It looks very promising that Ripple is heavily mingled in the W3C payments work group but the Apple's announcement doesn't mean anything. I'm surprised @AlexCobb ran with it today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ripple ask UK to regulate

Swift is owned by banks and who is Ripple trying to partner with

Swift instructions to banks they need to change before Nov 2018 on business, interface etc

Swift business forum this month

Bearableguy is the man of hints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MadmaXRP said:

Ripple ask UK to regulate

Swift is owned by banks and who is Ripple trying to partner with

Swift instructions to banks they need to change before Nov 2018 on business, interface etc

Swift business forum this month

Bearableguy is the man of hints

Bla bla bla bla bla 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I agree with your line of thought, it also has to do with critical mass.  When 5 - 10% of your competitors have competitive advantage critical mass is being reached and the rest of the market have to start moving.  Companies like Apple are already over 10% of the market.  Apple's competitors have to respond.

Ripple are the only company that have worked hard at making a product that will fit inside the regulatory frameworks of the financial sector and Ripple is the only company arranging large scale testing of their products with the business community.  This means none of Ripple's competitors are able to offer off-the-shelf modular solutions like XRapid and XVia.  This leaves the Apples competitors with a choice of joining Ripple or starting 2 years behind Apple.  (There has been a lot of speculation that XLM could be a competitor, but apart from McCaleb's legendary inability to be a reliable team member XLM does not have off the shelf modules like XVia and XRapid that have been industry tested ).

What applies to Apple competitors also applies to SWIFT customers.  Quite soon 5% of SWIFTS customers will be using either or both of XCurrent and XRapid.  Again the other 95% of the banks have to respond to the competitive advantage held by 5% of their competitors, and again only Ripple can provide them with a competitive service.

Have you noticed that Ripple have begun to emphasise that they are a software company providing solutions to problems.  This seems to indicate to me that they are thinking of themselves as an embryo Microsoft rather than as an embryonic Amazon, providing the software infrastructure that becomes widely adopted and then very quickly dominating that space with their own products.   

This year is less than a third through.  It is simply impossible to know how Ripple will be able to handle so much business coming their way, perhaps that is where mistakes could be made.  I think a orderly solution would be for banks to work with Ripple through SWIFT, after all SWIFT is a company looking for a software solution which is just what Ripple likes to provide. Is this what Bearableguy is hinting at?

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes I agree with your line of thought, it also has to do with critical mass.  When 5 - 10% of your competitors have competitive advantage critical mass is being reached and the rest of the market have to start moving.  Companies like Apple are already over 10% of the market.  Apple's competitors have to respond.

Ripple are the only company that have worked hard at making a product that will fit inside the regulatory frameworks of the financial sector and Ripple is the only company arranging large scale testing of their products with the business community.  This means none of Ripple's competitors are able to offer off-the-shelf modular solutions like XRapid and XVia.  This leaves the Apples competitors with a choice of joining Ripple or starting 2 years behind Apple.  (There has been a lot of speculation that XLM could be a competitor, but apart from McCaleb's legendary inability to be a reliable team member XLM does not have off the shelf modules like XVia and XRapid that have been industry tested ).

What applies to Apple competitors also applies to SWIFT customers.  Quite soon 5% of SWIFTS customers will be using either or both of XCurrent and XRapid.  Again the other 95% of the banks have to respond to the competitive advantage held by 5% of their competitors, and again only Ripple can provide them with a competitive service.

Have you noticed that Ripple have begun to emphasise that they are a software company providing solutions to problems.  This seems to indicate to me that they are thinking of themselves as an embryo Microsoft rather than as an embryonic Amazon, providing the software infrastructure that becomes widely adopted and then very quickly dominating that space with their own products.   

This year is less than a third through.  It is simply impossible to know how Ripple will be able to handle so much business coming their way, perhaps that is where mistakes could be made.  I think a orderly solution would be for banks to work with Ripple through SWIFT, after all SWIFT is a company looking for a software solution which is just what Ripple likes to provide. Is this what Bearableguy is hinting at?

More so "XLM" does not have Ripplenet whereby they connect all the banks to use private cryptographic ledger to transfer FIATS ( like training wheels) and then flip the switch over to xRapid. They don't have the vision man power or know how. The story of how Ripple disrupted banking will be told for many decades to come.

Edited by goldstar111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×