Professor Hantzen

History Sharding & Backfill Speed

It will fetch history from all connected nodes that serve it and backfill down to 0 (if possible).

Long startup times are a limitation of your storage system (if using --load) or your peers/network (if using --net).

Since it is only a debug level message, it is likely benign. Maybe a peer sent you an IP of one of its peers that you can't reach or that doesn't actually have a rippled server running any more or you got this IP from a while ago in your peer cache and it is now no longer active.

Good points @Sukrim.  This is actually from my local XRPL.  I have them hard coded so they do not go out to the mainnet.  But every 6 seconds on every one of my validators the members in the [ips] all error out with this message.  I was thinking that it needed at least one other IP for the boot cache. 

The validation works as expected and I can run queries fine.  So I am trying to figure what actually causes this error.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:55 AM, rjremien said:

PeerFinder:DBG Endpoints drop    x.x.x.x:51235 as invalid

Anyone know what this log means?

On 5/8/2018 at 1:54 PM, Sukrim said:

Since it is only a debug level message, it is likely benign. Maybe a peer sent you an IP of one of its peers that you can't reach or that doesn't actually have a rippled server running any more or you got this IP from a while ago in your peer cache and it is now no longer active.

@Sukrimis correct.  It is a benign error.  All it means is if rippled nodes have hops == 0 between them then report as invalid.  My lab validators were all on the same subnet.  Actually makes sense suggesting a decentralized design into the environment.